Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Portfolio through drive or Public portfolio like Behance Type a message

Highlighted
Mansi S Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
1 of 4

Hello,

I really don't want to be breaking any rules. I want to make a proposal for a job and would like to link my design portfolio as I have samples of my designs.  Am I allowed to share my drive link or Behance link whilst submitting a proposal? 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your question. Yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mansi S Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
3 of 4
Spoiler
Thank you so much, Goran!

And after the contract was started then if the client wants to communicate via Skype or any other media for just easy communication then do we have permit to do after the contract started?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 4

Hi Mansi,

Yes, once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose. However, we find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result, the potential for these harmful behaviors decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent on Upwork do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

-Joanne
Untitled