🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Sharing Portfolio through drive or Public...
Page options
mansi_shingala
Community Member

Sharing Portfolio through drive or Public portfolio like Behance Type a message

Hello,

I really don't want to be breaking any rules. I want to make a proposal for a job and would like to link my design portfolio as I have samples of my designs.  Am I allowed to share my drive link or Behance link whilst submitting a proposal? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your question. Yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your question. Yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

~ Goran
Upwork

Spoiler
Thank you so much, Goran!

And after the contract was started then if the client wants to communicate via Skype or any other media for just easy communication then do we have permit to do after the contract started?

Hi Mansi,

Yes, once a contract is in place you may use any communication methods you choose. However, we find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result, the potential for these harmful behaviors decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent on Upwork do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi!

I am newbie in upwork. I received my first project to start work on it.....Client sent me email via upwork and to get project client gave me her telegram link...she interviewed and sent me project pdf file. File could not be open....I want to know that this way is legalised to get project via telegram....Is this app under supervosion of upwork or outside upwork?  Kindly guide me....Thanks and best regards

Hi Farah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As a gentle reminder, please know that communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting is a violation of our Terms of Service and your account could get suspended for this.

Please utilize our Message Center in order to protect yourself from scams. Additionally, you can send us a flag if you encounter any suspicious user activity so we can investigate.

~ AJ
Upwork

**Edited for community guidelines**

I want to share this kind of portfolio is it violate the Upwork TOS?

Hi Md Mezba Hus,

Like the rest of your profile, posting contact info isn’t allowed in your portfolio section of it. You can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths