🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Somebody please define Hourlies please.
Page options
kreativekingdom
Community Member

Somebody please define Hourlies please.

Dear Friends,

I am not new to upwork but I was very less active here from few years as because of my offine jobs. But now I am planning to work on upwork in a full fledged way. But I have few confusions about hourly rates and fixed price rates. Please let my know how hourly have been calculated. suppose as if I put 5 USD in hourly rate section so will the client pay me 50 USD for 10 hours of work ? Will he really monitor me through gazets ? Or as if I qouted 50 USD for ten hours  that means the value of given work is 10 hours which will be 50 USD then if I submitted the completed work next day that wouldnt harm me ? 

7 REPLIES 7
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi M.Saud,

Thanks for reaching out to us. As a freelancer, you’re charged a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each non-Enterprise client. This includes all contracts you’ve ever had with that client. Service fees are the same whether the contracts are hourly or fixed-price.

• $0-$500: 20%
  • $500.01-$10,000: 10%
  • $10,000.01 or more: 5%

Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the freelancer service fees.

For an Hourly Contract, you need to track your time with the Upwork Desktop App and your clients are charged every Monday for time tracked in the previous week. From Monday to Friday it's the review period for clients where they can review your tracked time and activity. Feel free to check out these helpful articles for more information about Hourly and Fixed-Priced contracts. You can also check out these articles for Fees & Protection.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

help me 

about first project

Hello

43b6bc4a
Community Member

I am upwork users

I'm very upset because i was many proposal submit. but not responed. please help me first order 

Hi What are you doing on upwork

Hello sir, I'm looking for a job freelancer just dm/pm me ..

2eb38344
Community Member

I'm interested sir. Any amount proposed I will accept just a friendly price only.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths