🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Still Getting paid at old contract rate
Page options
b75056b8
Community Member

Still Getting paid at old contract rate

I was hired a week back and after reviewing my work, higher hourly rate was agreed. Client increased the hourly rate and after I put in manual hours I was paid at old rate(which is significantly lower).

My contract is showing higher hourly rate for this job.

Can anyone assist?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
00d4039a
Community Member

This seems to be a old request but thought answer would be useful for other freelancers. Whenever you agreed on a new rate with client, please create a change request for both fixed rate and hourly rate contracts and it needs to be approved by your client. Once it has been approved then based on the approved date you wil get paid on revised rate. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Ishwinder,

If the manual hours were added for the previous days before the client made changes to your Hourly rate on your contract then you will be billed as per the old rate. Feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
00d4039a
Community Member

This seems to be a old request but thought answer would be useful for other freelancers. Whenever you agreed on a new rate with client, please create a change request for both fixed rate and hourly rate contracts and it needs to be approved by your client. Once it has been approved then based on the approved date you wil get paid on revised rate. Hope it helps.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths