🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: The name of the agency and a bank account
Page options
df32f8a9
Community Member

The name of the agency and a bank account

Hello! My name is Denis.

I created an agency on Upwork. The last step is seting payment details. I have lerned that for a freelancer it is important to be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on your bank account. So if I am an Agency and would like to get payments on my corporate account should the name of my Agency on Upwork be the same with its name on the invoise I send to the client . 

Thank you

Best regards.

Will be happy to get help with this question. 

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denis,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have similar question. I plan to create agency soon. Can agency name which I plan to use as my brand name be different from name on bank account?

Regards

Soham

Hi Soham Adarshkumar,

Yes, that shouldn't be the problem. You can connect a bank account to Agency account that's in the owner's name or is a joint account that has the owner's name on it as a withdrawal method.

If there is any mismatch between the bank account name and Agency account name, Agency owner may be asked to clear the mismatch. In this case, they will be asked to provide documents that will prove that they own the bank account. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths