🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Unable to add freelancer to agency team
Page options
d487e74d
Community Member

Unable to add freelancer to agency team

I need to add a freelancer to my Content Solutions Consulting team. Following the instructions, I go to Members & Permissions > Invite New User. On the Invite Users dialog, I add the freelancer's email. An error message appears: "We were unable to send invitation to such users: .... User has active assignments or offers" I checked with the freelancer and no assignments or offers should prevent her from joining this team. Does anyone have suggestions to get around this error message?

87 REPLIES 87
e9e8bdbf
Community Member

Hello @Andrea G I have same issue. I am unable to add a user to my agency. The error stays same. I have asked my user if she has any active contract or job and she said she do not have any active contract. Can you please help me add member to my agency. Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e9e8bdbf
Community Member

Hello Andrea, Support team contacted me and gave me some steps to follow to add member to the agency. I followed all steps but got same error "User has active job application". 

FYI support ticket status is "solved" but its not.

Hi Muhammad,

If you're still experiencing the issue please feel free to reply directly to the ticket. This will reopen it and the team will be happy to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
e9e8bdbf
Community Member

Hello Andrea, Thank you for your response. 
Actually, I am unable to respond to the ticket as there is no reply option available below that ticket.

I think it's because the status of that ticks is marked as "solved". Can you guys please reopen the ticket for me?

Thank you

Muhammad, could you please check your inbox to find the notification you received from the ticket? The subject line should be the same as the ticket title. Replying to that email will reopen the ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
67b07244
Community Member

Hello Andea G

I tried to add a freelancer to the agency but I am also getting the below error. Could you fix this?

We were unable to send invitations to such users:

XXXX@yahoo.com - User has active assignments or offers

Thanks,

Raunak

Hi Raunak,

If you're inviting your team member to join as an exclusive member, they will need to close all of their contracts and withdraw their active proposals. 
However, you should be able to invite them at any time and join as a non-exclusive member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c20149c7
Community Member

Hi, I have a same issue
Following the instructions, I go to Members & Permissions > Invite New User. On the Invite Users dialog, I add the freelancer's email. An error message appears: "We were unable to send invitation to such users: .... User has active assignments or offers" I checked with the freelancer and no assignments or offers should prevent her from joining this team. 

pguardiario
Community Member

So I can't hire someone if they have other clients? I want to hire a designer to help me with one of my projects and pay them directly. It doesn't seem possible to do this.

Hi Pinky,

You can invite your team member/freelancer to join the agency as a non exclusive member. This way they will be able to work under the agency and to work as an independent freelancers for their clients.
To learn more about this, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c679fa29
Community Member

I m also facing the same issue i have also confirmed from freelancer and he dont have any active proposal could you please fix it for me as well.

Hi Alyona,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your team members. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bd66263c
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. I have confirmed it from freelancer that he is not doing any other job. Kindly solve this issue.

Hello,

I am try to send request other freelancers to add in my agency but the error is showing that the freelancer is doing an active job. But he has no active job right now. So how can i send request to add in my agency

Hi Flick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
razakhan78
Community Member

I am also trying to add my co-worker in my agency and having same error, kindly assist me accordingly

Hi Raza,

Please confirm with the Agency member you're looking to add that they don't have any open contracts or submitted proposals. If they do, they would not be permitted to join an Agency as an Exclusive Member.

~Andrea
Upwork

yes I have confirmed with the person and all the proposals were withdrawn, I tried to add the person then and again facing the same issue

Hi Raza,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. We truly appreciate your response. It looks like you've already reached out to our team with the same concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating through a support ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey Arjay, having the same issue. Can you assist me as well?

Hi Archer,

Thank you for your message. Could you please tell us more about the issue you face along with the error message you see?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e2a6957a
Community Member

Hi. I have the exact problem. Can freelances join as non-exclusive members with open contracts and submitted proposals? Please help!

shahadat0164
Community Member

I think this problem is common

archerhobson
Community Member

Haha, yes. I just looked through a year of the same problem and have the same issue myself.

zain165
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue, I can't add my team members, maybe they do have an active project, but why does it make difference having a contract on their personal profile? I don't understand the logic here. Sometimes there are more than 1 clients who haven't closed the contracts even if they don't want any work, so what I'm supposed to do? Wait for a few years so my team member's individual projects end and then add them to my agency on Upwork or what? 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can add them as a non-exclusive agency member so that the invite would go through and they don't have to terminate their active proposals or contracts. Here's the difference between an exclusive and a non-exclusive agency member.

To add them as a non-exclusive agency member, please go to your agency profile > Settings > Members & Permissions > click on "Invite New User" > enter the freelancer's email address or username > scroll down to Agency Contractor section > and tick the radio button for "Non-Exclusive." 

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork
ba2570b4
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am facing the same issue.

Hi Muhammad,

Please be sure the user you're inviting does not have any active contracts, proposals, etc. 

~Andrea
Upwork
7dc5c5e3
Community Member

I am also facing this problem, can you guys help me out ?

cc9530c3
Community Member

I am getting the same error when I try to add a member to my agency.

Hi Priscilla,

As Andrea and Annie Jane mentioned above, you need to make sure that the user you're inviting does not have any active contracts, proposals, etc. However, you can still add them as a non-exclusive agency member so that the invite would go through and they don't have to terminate their active proposals or contracts. Here's the difference between an exclusive and a non-exclusive agency member.

To add them as a non-exclusive agency member, please go to your agency profile > Settings > Members & Permissions > click on "Invite New User" > enter the freelancer's email address or username > scroll down to Agency Contractor section > and tick the radio button for "Non-Exclusive." 

~ Arjay
Upwork
shafaq_kodex
Community Member

Hi andrea,

I'm also unable to add the freelancer to the agency profile and I know there are some active projects on Upwork. But Is there any alternative for that?

shafaq_kodex
Community Member

Hi andrea,

I'm also unable to add the freelancer to the agency profile and I know there are some active projects on Upwork. But Is there any alternative solution without cancelling the contract?

Hi Shafaq,

Thank you for your message. You can add the freelancer as a Non-Exclusive agency member without having to close their active contracts. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kennethxxl
Community Member

Having the same issue Bojan 

Hi Malaka,

As some of my colleagues mentioned above, you need to make sure that the user you're inviting does not have any active contracts, proposals, etc. However, you can still add them as a non-exclusive agency member so that the invite would go through and they don't have to terminate their active proposals or contracts. Here's the difference between an exclusive and a non-exclusive agency member.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
523fce00
Community Member

I'm ready to get a job. I have been applying and none have contacted me yet. 

I'm open for a contract 

unsi
Community Member

Yes I am facing this issue and I am unable to add my manager in my **Edited for Community Guidelines** help me to solve my problem

Hi Bill,

Please make sure that the user you're inviting does not have any active contracts, proposals, etc. However, you can still add them as a non-exclusive agency member so that the invite would go through and they don't have to terminate their active proposals or contracts. Here's the difference between an exclusive and a non-exclusive agency member.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths