🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Unable to add freelancer to agency team
Page options
d487e74d
Community Member

Unable to add freelancer to agency team

I need to add a freelancer to my Content Solutions Consulting team. Following the instructions, I go to Members & Permissions > Invite New User. On the Invite Users dialog, I add the freelancer's email. An error message appears: "We were unable to send invitation to such users: .... User has active assignments or offers" I checked with the freelancer and no assignments or offers should prevent her from joining this team. Does anyone have suggestions to get around this error message?

87 REPLIES 87
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brett,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding a new member to your team. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
abf5d8a8
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Could you do the same for me please? Receiving the same error. 

User has active assignments or offers

Sincerely,

SW

Hi Shawn,

Could you please confirm if you have checked with your team member if they have any active contracts or interviews? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

They have an active contract with me. Does this need to be ended?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for following up. Yes, that contract should be ended before they can join your agency. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Well, one freelancer updated me that she has neither an active contract nor an existing proposal. She had withdrawn her two proposals too through I am unable to a sent invitation to her. When I invite her, I face the following error: "We were unable to send invitation to such users"

Hi Raj,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

User has active assignments or offers

Hi Arif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience? Could you pleas share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
990fb378
Community Member

Thanks for your help, My problem is solved.

I m also facing the same issue i have also confirmed from freelancer and he dont have any active proposal could you please fix it for me as well.

Hi Kirpal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your team member/s. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6f0d1d15
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

I am also facing the same issue and the freelancer does not have an active job application. Could you open a ticket for me as well? 

Hi Etkilab,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
c20149c7
Community Member

Hi, I have a same problem. 
 I go to Members & Permissions > Invite New User. On the Invite Users dialog, I add the freelancer's email. An error message appears: "We were unable to send invitation to such users: .... User has active assignments or offers" I checked with the freelancer and no assignments or offers should prevent her from joining this team.

Hi Artem,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
breconde
Community Member

I'm having the same problem can you please help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sebastian,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so that we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c679fa29
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

Sincerely,

Alyona

e2a6957a
Community Member

I have the exact problem. Please help ASAP!

Hi Richard,

Could you please check that the freelancer you're trying to add does not have any pending activity on their account? Proposals, contracts, funds, etc. You may also try adding them as a non-exclusive member.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Bojan, 

I have the same issue and I am a freelancer. My cleint says they couln't add me to their agency becuase I have active assignments or offers, What should I do?

Sincerely, 

Yeabsra

Hi Yeabsra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You would have to end all active contracts and withdraw all active proposals. They may also add you as non-exclusive agency member so you don't have to do both.

~ AJ
Upwork
f38538d7
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am getting the same error while adding the freelancer to my agency. "

We were unable to send invitation to such users: **Edited for Community Guidelines** - User has active assignments or offers"

I have created a new agency while the freelancers are existing and has open projects which are going on so can i add them under the agency or not?

Regards,

Hello GoodPegg,

Thank you for your message. If you are inviting a freelancer to join your agency as an Exclusive agency member, they will need to close all active contracts before accepting the invite. You may want to invite them as a non-exclusive agency member if they wish to continue working on their contract.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

We have closed the project but still getting the same error, can you please check

Hi GoodPegg,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you here soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay,

Sorry but this link is not opening, 

Thanks for letting us know, Kamaljeet. The link is now updated. This link was intended for GoodPegg's concern since a support member was getting in touch to assist. Do you need assistance with an issue? If so, can you share more information?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there, yes we are still unable to add the freelancer under agency even when there is no active project for the freelancer. 

Invitation hasn't been sent

We were unable to send invitation to such users:

**Edited for Community Guidelines** - User has active job applications

Thanks for sharing this information, Kamaljeet. I had to remove the email address you shared on your post, but by looking at the profile, I can confirm that the freelancer has active and submitted proposals that must be withdrawn before you can send the invite. Please advise the freelancer to withdraw the proposals and try sending the invite again.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi there,

why my account is suspended?

Kamaljeet, I do not see any restrictions on your account. Can you please share more information about what you see? A screenshot of any error messages would really help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi,

Could you do the same thing for me because I'm getting the same error.  An agency trying to send an invitation but they are getting an error saying that -üser has an active job application." - But I don't have an active application, I already canceled it because of this error. 

Hi Jerwin,

I checked your account and I see 1 Active Proposal and 2 Submitted Proposal on your Proposals page. Once you have withdrawn these proposals you can request the agency owner to send an invite again.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks!

addf3def
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

have the same problem. One person wants to invite me, but when he clicks the send button the error 'We were unable to send invitation to such users: .... User has active assignments or offers' although I have no active assignments or offers.

Sincerely,

Konstantin

b6e6ab61
Community Member

Could you please do the same? I'm receiving the same error. 

Thanks,

William

Hi William,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths