🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't close my agency
Page options
aarcoraci
Community Member

Unable to close Agency "Close all open proposals associated with the company" but I don't have any

I'm trying to close the Agency related to my profile and I keep getting the message:

• Close all open proposals associated with the company

I have read the help related to the issue and I'm sure there are no proposals at all. I'm the only member as well.

Thanks !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Angel,

We closed your agency for you. Let us know if you have any further issues or questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,111 REPLIES 1,111

Hi Muhammad Faizan,

I checked your account, and it looks like you are the agency owner. If you like to close your agency account, please let us know, and we'll assist you with it. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Is it possible, that i can disassociate my freelancer profile (owner) from
the agency?

Hi Muhammad Faizan,

If you choose to close your agency, your agency “company” will be closed and the agency's profile will be deleted, but your freelancer account will remain active. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ria_rr
Community Member

I cant get to close my Agency When I clicked Close my Agency nothing happens please check

Hi Rhia,

Your agency account has been closed as requested. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
peter-tibbitts
Community Member

I am trying to close my agency. In settings I click 'Close Agency' option, it asks me for my password, and then simply redirects me to the jobs search screen and leaves the agency open. No error message or confirmation message is shown.

I have followed all the steps in the help documentation (Remove All Members, Close All Contracts, Withdraw all proposals, Ensure all payments have been received/withdrawn)

Can anyone please help me ?

Hi Peter,

Your agency account was closed as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
pcentric
Community Member

I want to delete my agency account. whenever i click on "Close Account" button it reloads the page and lands me on my freelancer profile. But agency account is not deleted

Hi Isabella Camille and Priyanshu, 

Your agency account has been closed as requested. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
missrosaly
Community Member

Hi community moderator, please help me close my agency account. I followed the instructions but it is still appearing. It's a new created agency so I don't have any pending proposal, payment, jobs, etc.

Hi Rosaly,

Your agency has been closed. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joane,

I noticed that my client account has been closed not my agency. See attached screenshot herewith. Please close my agency. Thanks.

Regards,

Rosaly

Hi Rosaly,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
87cdefc9
Community Member

Need to close my Agency but it does not do anything once I hit the "Close Agency " button -- I have no pending activities, no team members attached, I have no proposals and no payments to be made or received -- still cannot close it - please close it for me!

Hi Harold,

Your agency is closed as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mkabramyan
Community Member

I am trying to close my agency. When i click Close my agency, Upwork requests the password, then it redirects me to the find work page.

Agency is still alive. I tried it week ago and tried now, the result is the same.

How can i close it?

Hi Minas,

Your agency is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there! I am trying to close my agency but not able close. It shows "In order to close an Agency, please contact customer service". Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Abdullah,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
8480c76a
Community Member

Hi there!

I can't close my agency because when it asks me to confirm my password, the next page is just the homepage. I can't finish the process because of this. I've attached a video of my try to close it.

Hey Darko,

Did you manage to resolve this problem? I am having the same issue.

Best,
Stevan

Hi Stevan,

Sadly no, still no answer from support, and I can't seem to find any solution online.

Hi Darko, and Stevan,

Darko, I'm sorry for the delay in getting a response to you.

Both of your agencies are now closed. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Perfect, thank you very much!

Hi, i have the same issue and can't close my agency. Can you please help me too?

Hi Denis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I closed your Agency account as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
manishk98
Community Member

I want to close my agency and Start using as freelancer plus membership But I am not able to close my agency. The Agency close button is not working. It takes me to the find work section and still my agency is showing as it is.

Hi Manish,

Your agency account has been closed as you have requested. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you soo much, I was trying to do this from last one week but wasn't able to do so.

Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it!

gandhe_shweta
Community Member

I am trying to close my agency, but am unable to do so.
As per the document, I followed everything, but when I click close my agency in the last step, it just reloads the page(after asking for password again).

Can you please help?

Hi Shweta,

Your agency has been closed as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
venomouxstudios
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to close my agency , and continue as a freelancer .

I go to settings , click on "close my agency" , and it asks for password. After entering correct password, i am simply directed back to home page, and my agency is not closed. i tried it 3 times but the same thing happens !

I have made sure that the following requirements are met as well :

1. Remove all team members from the agency in Settings  Members & Permissions
  2. Close all open contracts associated with the agency in My Jobs  Contracts
  3. Close all open proposals associated with the agency in Find Work  Proposals
  4. Ensure all payments have been received and withdrawn from Upwork

Regards,

Faisal Asghar

Hi Faisal,

Your agency account was closed as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for doing it for me. I appreciate your help . i see that there are 30 pages in this thread with all the people asking for the same thing. Is there something wrong with upwork since there are a lot of people with the same issue?

This should either be fixed, or there should be a button for the agency, next to "close my agency" , saying "request to close the agency by upwork team" , so that people like me don't have to go through so much hassle. There are people in this thread saying that they were stuck here for like a week. So this must be fixed ASAP. Have a good day 🙂

poznokos-sergey
Community Member

Please help me to close my Agency, I've just jumped on the search page after confirming the delete agency.

Hi Sergey,

We closed your agency account as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!
ajitkumar88
Community Member

Unable to close my agency!!

Hi Ajit,

Your agency has been closed as you have requested. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
afsan-jahin
Community Member

I am not able to close my agency link. When I click on the link it doesn't work?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths