🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: unable to Close agency
Page options
aarcoraci
Community Member

Unable to close Agency "Close all open proposals associated with the company" but I don't have any

I'm trying to close the Agency related to my profile and I keep getting the message:

• Close all open proposals associated with the company

I have read the help related to the issue and I'm sure there are no proposals at all. I'm the only member as well.

Thanks !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Angel,

We closed your agency for you. Let us know if you have any further issues or questions.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,111 REPLIES 1,111

Hi Jahin,

Please withdraw your active and archived proposals under the agency in order to be able to close your agency account. Let us know once you have withdrawn your proposals and we will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
moneynigam
Community Member

How can I close my agency account and continue working as an individual freelancer?

Hi Nigam,

Please update your status to non exclusive member and once this is done let me know so that our team can close your agency profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,
Thank you for your help!
Kindly do not close my agency account. I wanted to continue my agency profile. For now my problem is solved and with the help of changing my profile to non exclusive agency member I am able to convert my profile as an individual freelancer.
Regards,
K**bleep**ij Nigam

Hi

I have changed to non exclusive and tried closing the agency basic status multiple times but unable to do so . I tried all instructions given too but still failed to close and remove the agency basic status and remain with only Freelancer status . Please help me with the same .

Thanks

Uday

Hi Mittapalli,

I went ahead and closed your agency. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hai this is **Edited for Community Guidelines** thanks for reply but still the agency was
not closed

Hi Mittapalli,

I would like to confirm again that your agency is closed. Please try clearing your cache and cookies and if you`re still able to view it, let me know here. THank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

NIGAM wrote:

How can I close my agency account and continue working as an individual freelancer?

1. Go to Settings  Agency Profile
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page
  3. Click the Close my Agency link
  4. If you meet the requirements, click the button to confirm that you want to close your agency

Read this help article for more information. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009524674-Close-an-Agency

mehtamiraj
Community Member

I created an agency account by mistake and the close agency option isn't working.

Hi Miraj,

At the moment you`re an exclusive member of the agency, please change your status to non-exclusive member so that our team can close your agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

How do I change my agency type from exclusive to non exclusive?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miraj,

Your agency account was closed as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ehsan_mohsin
Community Member

I am unable to close my agency

We closed your agency account as per your request, Mohsin. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
guntashkhehra
Community Member

I am unable to close my agency. It keeps showing there.

Hi Guntash, 

I'll be happy to assist you with that. I'll go ahead and close your agency account as requested. 

ETA: Hi Guntash, I checked your account, and it looks like you have two agency accounts. Would you like to close both accounts?

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for the reply.

Yes Please, i want to close both the accounts.

Hi Guntash,

As requested, your agency accounts have been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
creatodhiren
Community Member

Is there any body who can help me for Close Agency Account

because I tried many time from last month but i am unable to close this 

Please reply only Upwork Team only

Hi Dhirendra,

I checked, and it looks like you have an active proposal. Please close the active proposal you have, and then you may retry to close your agency following the steps shared here. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thanks. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dhruvschouhan
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I just want to close my agency I did all of the steps but I'm unable to do that I just want to work as a freelancer but want to close my agency how can I do that? 

I followed all of the steps closed all contracts, remove proposals, withdrawl funds not when I'm trying to close my agency I'm unable to do that. 

also I want to remove the reference of my agency to my freelancer profile.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Randheer 

Hi Randheer,

Your agency has been closed as you have requested. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b_navadiya
Community Member

I want close my agency please help me

Hi Brijesh,

Your agency has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for your support @Joanne Marie P

sv_teja
Community Member

Hello Team,

I want to close my agency but when I am trying to close it, I am not able to close it, even I don't have any contracts in the name of Agency.

Kindly Help

Thanks

Teja

Hi Venkata,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I closed your Agency account as per your request.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sv_teja
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your quick action.

Thanks!

Teja
traviskrampy
Community Member

I am trying to close my agency. When i click Close my agency, Upwork requests the password, then it redirects me to the find work page.

Agency is still alive. I tried it week ago and tried now, the result is the same.

How can i close it?

Hi Travis, 

Your agency account has been closed as you have requested. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
vasurbq-fievm
Community Member

Hi I am unable to close my agency account. I have no team members, projects or proposals associated with it.

Hi Vasu,

I closed your agency account as per your request.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lutfar_uiu
Community Member

Hello concern,
I have an agency with a Team. But Now I want to work as a freelancer. So, I like to close my agency. But whenever I click the"Close my agency" button from setting page it redirect me to the Re-enter Password page. But after re-entering the password it just loged in me and do nothing. I need a help to get me out from this problem.

I like to mention that I have fulfilled all the requirement to closing an agency.

Thank you in advance.

c06b8355
Community Member

Hi, weird thing is happening when I click the close agency button in settings, all that happens is that it asks me to re-enter my password, then it goes back to the jobs section, nothing closed no messages coming up either. how do I get out of it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaron,

Your agency account was closed as per your request. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello concern,
I have an agency with a Team. But Now I want to work as a freelancer. So, I like to close my agency. But whenever I click the"Close my agency" button from setting page it redirect me to the Re-enter Password page. But after re-entering the password it just loged in me and do nothing. I need a help to get me out from this problem.

I like to mention that I have fulfilled all the requirement to closing an agency.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Lutfar,

Your agency is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ales_shishlo
Community Member

I need to close the agency and leave my freelancer account. But nothing happens when I close it. 

I went through all the steps but after I click to close the agency and type in the password it redirects me to the job search page and agency is still active. 

Hi Ales,

Your agency account is now closed as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths