🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Unable to close agency account
Page options
m_jakhode
Community Member

Unable to close agency profile

Hello, 

When I tried to close the agency profile from my account I am unable to process my request and getting 

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

could you guys please help me with this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manish, and Nickolay,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles while trying to close the agency. I escalated the error with the team and both of you can expect a support ticket created very soon in order to investigate this further.

Manish, I went ahead and closed your agency.

Nickolay, in order to close your agency, you need to change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot. Once you are done with that, you can let us know here so that we can go ahead and close your agency.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181
clickrouc
Community Member

Hello! I can't close my agency, because get error.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manish, and Nickolay,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles while trying to close the agency. I escalated the error with the team and both of you can expect a support ticket created very soon in order to investigate this further.

Manish, I went ahead and closed your agency.

Nickolay, in order to close your agency, you need to change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot. Once you are done with that, you can let us know here so that we can go ahead and close your agency.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Unable to close Agency, no job or proposal open/active in that account.

When i click on 'Close my agency' button under Settings, always getting the following error:

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

Hi Baljit,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket in order to investigate the error you are getting. In the meantime, I went ahead and closed your agency. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I am having a similar problem where I am unable to close my newly formed agency despite no active contracts/proposals/payments. I have read the support article on closing an agency and still have not found success, and would like to submit a help ticket.

I would like to close my agency only and keep my active freelancer profile. 

Thank you!

Hi Lilian,

As requested, the agency account has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
imatteeq
Community Member

hello,

I am having same issue, I meet all the requirements to close my agency account from my upwork profile but still "Close My Agency" button is not working rather asking me to contact customer service...kindly help me out.

Hi Muhammad,

Your agency is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

Im trying to close my agency but i get this message. 

Hello Leo,

Your agency account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have same problem. I did all the pre required steps to closed my agency , but not able to do.

I want to remove my agency account but unable to do so, it says contact support to close an agency.

I think it will unintentionally confuse my clients/buyers
as I am just recently working by myself and want to get it removed from the profile

Thanks

Hi Noman,

Your agency is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nickganz
Community Member

Hello,

I am having a similar problem as Lillian. I can't close my agency despite no active contracts/proposals/payments. I have read the support article on closing an agency and still have not found success, and would like to submit a help ticket.

I would like to close my agency only and keep my active freelancer profile. 

Thank you!

Hello,

I have a problem, I can't close my agency despite no active contracts/offers/payments. I have read the support article about closing an agency, but have never been successful and would like to submit an application.

When I confirm to close the agency, I get an error. I attached a screenshot of the error in the file.

I would like to close just my agency and keep my active freelancer profile.

Thank you!

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikita,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I can't also close my agency profile there is an error showing.

Currently no active, pending proposal and it is non-exclusive but still error is showing.

Kindly help me on this one.

Hoping to hear from you.

Best regards

jhonparba_0-1654302164152.png

Hi Jhon,

Thank you for your message. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c2c806a4
Community Member

I too have the same problem. Can you please ask someone to close my agency account?

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having the same issue for closing my agency. I am being asked to contact support.

Hi Raj,

Your Agency has been closed as per your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

Could you please help me to close my agency?

I have some troubles doing it and it does'nt work.

Thank you in advance...

Hi Alexandra, 

Your agency account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Alexandra B,
Hope you are doing well, I am new to the forum. I saw a post you made last year when you were trying to deactivate your agency account. Can you tell me why or for what reason you are canceling your agency account?

I was thinking of starting an agency account. So want to take the experience.+
Thank you

I am getting a different issue but same i can't close my agnecy nor can i upgrade it 

it says i am not authorized to manage payment methods of financial account.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am having the same problem, I did all the required steps but unable to close my agency.

Thanks

Hi Amr,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. I can't close my agency too. I'm getting this error:

Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response: '{"request":"GET \/ods\/offer\/list_contractor\/26371249\/20.json","error":null,"error_code":0,"warning":null,"start_time":1648821192346,"elapsed":0,"no_cache":false,"result":{"data":{"0": .....

It's much longer than this, but I shortened it in case the payload contains sensitive info.

Unable to close Agency, one job is active in my freelancer account.

When i click on 'Close my agency' button under Settings, always getting the following error:

Please close my agency which should not affect my current freelancer's profile contract

Hi Manoj,

I went ahead and closed your agency. Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket in order to investigate the error you are getting. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Unable to close Agency, one job is active in my freelancer account.

When I click on the 'Close my agency' button under Settings, always getting the error given in screen shot
Please close my agency which should not affect my current freelancer's profile contract

Hi Amjid,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your Agency. One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

i also same issue in closing my upwork agency profile 

Hi Adeel,

We've closed your account as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mritusmoi
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am not able to close my agency as well. I have already made in Non-Exclusive as yoy suggested

Getting below error-

Hi Mrinmoy,

I went ahead and closed your agency as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

The agency's balance will be trasfered to my freelancer's balance when closed?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths