🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Unable to close agency profile
Page options
m_jakhode
Community Member

Unable to close agency profile

Hello, 

When I tried to close the agency profile from my account I am unable to process my request and getting 

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

could you guys please help me with this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manish, and Nickolay,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles while trying to close the agency. I escalated the error with the team and both of you can expect a support ticket created very soon in order to investigate this further.

Manish, I went ahead and closed your agency.

Nickolay, in order to close your agency, you need to change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot. Once you are done with that, you can let us know here so that we can go ahead and close your agency.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181

Hi Mohit,

I went ahead and closed your agency. Let me know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm getting same error, and also want to close my agency.

Hi Tiago,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I closed your agency profile as per your request.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am experiencing the same

Please help me out

No thanks
deepeshj
Community Member

I'm also unable to close my agency. It's given me this error when I try to close my agency. 

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

Hi Deepesh,

Your agency has been closed as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
realeon_agency
Community Member

I changed the membership to Non-exclusive and it still gives me the error No route found for "GET.. when I try to close my agency.

Hi Ismail,

Your Agency has been closed as per your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Problem solved, thank you.

shashztiwari
Community Member

I'm also unable to close my agency. Please help me out.

Hi Shashwat,

Your agency is now closed, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I've created an agency to test which are the required inputs to do so. I did not complete the process (I stopped in the payment step), but it seems like the agency was created nevertheless. I tried to delete the agency from the dashboard but it asks me to contact support. Can you help me?

Hi Luis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We closed your agency account as per your request. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
dataxpert4u
Community Member

Hi there,

I want to close an agency account, I make it by mistake. Now when I click on close my agency, it shows contact your customer support.

Because of this, I am also unable to send proposals from a freelancer account. Kindly resolve this issue Asap

Hi Ali,

It seems that the reason why you can't close your agency is that you've set yourself as an exclusive agency member. You will have to set it as non-exclusive to be able to close it. To do this, go to Settings> Members & Permissions from your agency profile and click the word "Exclusive" that's beside your name. If you're still unable to close your agency on your own after doing this, please let us know and we will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
risvi_ahmed
Community Member

Actually I created it out of curiosity. But now in my profile it's showing me as an agency member. So I want to close the agency. Whenever I tried to close it, It tells me to contact customer support.

Hello @RisviA

Only the agency owner can close the agency.

a) To prepare the agency for closing, you must

1. Remove all team members from the agency in Settings › Members & Permissions
  2. Close all open contracts associated with the agency in My Jobs › Contracts
  3. Close all open proposals associated with the agency in Find Work › Proposals
  4. Ensure all payments have been received and withdrawn from Upwork

b) Then, you can close the agency

1. Go to Settings › Agency Profile
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page
  3. Click the Close my Agency link
  4. If you meet the requirements, click the button to confirm that you want to close your agency

I created a new agency for test purpose. Now I want to close it. When I click on close my agency it shows a message to contact customer support.

Hi Risvi,

I've closed your Agency account as per your request.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

HI,

I also want to close my agency can you do that...

Hi Rajveer,

Your agency has been closed as per your request.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Yes I also want to hide my anency how can I do that..?

Thanks Andrea. 

i have face same issue plese closed my account right know i want to join new agency.
thanks

I also have the same issue. Button Close Agency doesn't work. Please close my Agency. I have already tested it and failed to find jobs for it so I want to continue work on my personal account. Thank you 

Hello Yuliia and Husnain,

Your agency account has been closed as per your request.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi,

I want to close my agency. Can someone assist me.

Hi Mherypeth,

As requested, your agency has been closed.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4e2a038c
Community Member

I have same problem. I did all the pre required steps to closed my agency , but not able to do.

Hi Santosh,

Your agency has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
breghajn
Community Member

i am having the issue as well. it gives me this error messageagency.PNG

Please help me close my agrncy. I iust created it and wants to close it. Thanks.

Hi Ajn Lovell,

As requested, your agency account has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sumitvekariya
Community Member

Hello, I want to close my agency.

Hi, I want to close my agency.

https://www.upwork.com/agencies/~0104265ef6cf4faa87

Hello Sumit,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account is closed as requested by you.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
honeyghan
Community Member

I am having the same issue and I am unable to close the agency i created in error yesterday.

Hi Davyan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
cf86d312
Community Member

Hi,

I did follow all steps according to guide yet I could't shout down my agency.

Could you please help me?

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths