🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Unable to close agency profile
Page options
m_jakhode
Community Member

Unable to close agency profile

Hello, 

When I tried to close the agency profile from my account I am unable to process my request and getting 

No route found for "GET /agencies/close" (from "https://www.upwork.com/ab/agency-settings/")

could you guys please help me with this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manish, and Nickolay,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles while trying to close the agency. I escalated the error with the team and both of you can expect a support ticket created very soon in order to investigate this further.

Manish, I went ahead and closed your agency.

Nickolay, in order to close your agency, you need to change your status from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. To update your status, please switch to your agency profile and go to Settings > Members & Permissions. On the page, you should be able to see a link saying 'Exclusive' as shown in this screenshot. Click on it and a popup will open. From there, you can update the status by selecting 'Non-Exclusive' in the 'Agency Freelancer' dropdown as shown in this screenshot. Once you are done with that, you can let us know here so that we can go ahead and close your agency.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181

Hi Ertugrul,

Your Agency has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am sorry to say that I also am having this problem.  I can go to my Agency settings and press the "Close my Agency" button. However, the confirmation screen throws an error. 

Hi Mary,

Your agency profile has been closed as per your request.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you very much!

rtc_aeromarks
Community Member

Can't close my agency as well. Already changed to exclusive and followed other guidelines. Getting this error message (please see attached)

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ralph.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sandervb89
Community Member

Hi Upwork crew, I'm also trying to close my agency account and I'm getting the one and same error, would appreciate it if you could help me out. 🙂

Hi Sander,

Your agency is now closed as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ergindesign
Community Member

Hello,
I decided to try my agency for the sake of interest. I want to delete the agency account and keep my personal account.

When deleting an agency, the following error occurs (screenshot attached)

Can you please help me with this problem?

Regards,
Kirill.

Hi Kirill,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ad3a5ac0
Community Member

Hi,

Can someone help me to close my agency. I got the same error and I tried all possible solutions mentioned here but still did not work.

Regards,

Osman 

Hi Osman,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your agency. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rezaidmcr
Community Member

I am also unable to close an agency account. I have followed everything correctly. Can you please delete the agency account for me.

Hi Gohar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c2c806a4
Community Member

I want to close my agency account too. But I am getting the below error.

c2c806a4_0-1664691898994.png

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
filipezanella
Community Member

Hi there, 

The problem I'm facing is that an error is thrown when I try to close my agency. It's a new agency, created 2 weeks ago. it's never had any active contracts, only a proposal that I withdrew.

it's a big error message: "Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response: [...big msg]".

Hi Filipe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
rkgull
Community Member

Unable to close the agency profile please close it or help me, Screenshot is attached.

Thank you!

rkgull
Community Member

Please close my agency profile, I tried but it's not working. Screenshot attached.

muiz-rehman
Community Member

Please help me close my agency account. I am unable to close it.

Hi Muiz,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths