🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Unable to update the address in W-8BEN form
Page options
thinkalt_tech
Community Member

Unable to update the address in W-8BEN form

W-8BEN Form has a Bug!

Problem: Unable to update the address in W-8BEN form.

Description:

W-8BEN form has a pre-defined address it picked from somewhere from my account. 
I want to submit the form with my agency's registered address, but address update won't work, no matter how many times I click updated button and add a new address.

Not sure what to do! I am unable to get in touch with support directly.

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Goutham,

You can update your W-8BEN form by going to your settings> tax information. You will find a pencil icon that will allow you to update the form. Here's the help article for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I tried updating the adress by clicking the pencil icon above the address
several times.

I am able to update the address but on W-8BEN page it does not get updated.

Is there any other way to update it?

Hi Goutham,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or login in with another browser to update the address. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have tried with multiple browser and also in incognito mode too. I just
tried clearing cache and the problem persists. It is clearly a bug in the
system.

Is there another way i can update address in W-8BEN form?

I am unable to get a solution to this problem from the community or Upwork team. I am going to submit the W-8BEN form as is and will let the upwork handle any problems when it comes.

I am not even able to fine upwork support email or phone number to adress this issue.

Thank you those of you who tried to help me.

Hi Goutham,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths