🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: Upwork New ToS
Page options
mrityunjay-ojha
Community Member

Upwork New ToS

Hello everyone,

I just had a talk with a client on Upwork call. Here is the feedback:

We started the call and had good talk for first few minutes. Suddenly, it stopped working, my client started complaining that she can not hear anything. I went for Upwork support option from the 'settings' option of the call but couldn't get anything to connect anyone on live chat. There is no concept of live chat for instant solution of the calling feature problem. I don't have any issue in using Upwork calling feature, but it should work firstly.

Please see the chat and tell me what should I do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
bookkeepers10
Community Member

Hi Mrityunjay,

Calls issues can happen with anyone due to connection issues, technical issues in your laptop (update for example, it happened to me many times) or even if you are using the application of Upwork (work diary), it may be required to update it. check for any updates as so far it works with me very well and even when i have issues, i just look for updates and do them, then again calls work perfectly.

All the best 🙂 

Thank you Nidhal for your answer.

It was not my fault. I had a talk with one of my upwork colleague after that to check if it is coming from my side, it was working fine. My question is, if everything fails, then should I leave my potential client by saying that no I can't talk to you and loose the project or should I deserve a live chat with Upwork team to fix the issue? 

I meant in the first reply that anybody can have such problems, i did not mean you, so i apologize. 🙂

However, it is fine to communicate outside upwork. look at the below link:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Client-communicating-outside-of-Upwork/td-p/290671

Nidhal A wrote:

I meant in the first reply that anybody can have such problems, i did not mean you, so i apologize. 🙂

No problem.

However, it is fine to communicate outside upwork. look at the below link:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Client-communicating-outside-of-Upwork/td-p/290671

I don't think I can, as per Upwork's new ToS, we can not take communication outside Upwork. The link which you have shared is of 2017. Please check the link below for the updated ToS:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Communicating-On-and-Outside-of-Upwork-Terms-of-Servic...

to be honest i was wondering because i remember when i did the test of Upwork i read about outside communications are prohibited then i after your question i decided to check old ones and doubted myself. thanks for correcting me. This is my 2nd mistake for today only, i think i have to improve alot before i start to answer to others' questions 😄

Good luck and all the best 🙂 

Hi Mrityunjay,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

Could you please confirm your operating system and the browser you`ve used? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Mrityunjay,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

Could you please confirm your operating system and the browser you`ve used? Thank you.

Hello Goran,

Sure, I use macOS Catalina(10.15.3) and I am using Upwork desktop application for the calling.

Looking forward,

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths