🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Upwork's policy about multiple upwork account...
Page options
698b14c7
Community Member

Upwork's policy about multiple upwork accounts sharing same internet or same system?

Hello,

I'm writing to clarify a query. At my agency workplace, there are one or two more persons who use to sit our workplace, they are not permanent member of our agency but are working as freelance consultants for us. Those two and we, are using same internet. Will this create any problem to us? or is Upwork has any policy on this?

Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kmj,

It is not a violation if more than one freelancer is working from the same internet connection. But, please keep in mind that sharing an account is a serious violation. 
I would recommend everyone to make sure that their accounts are secure, and log out once they are done with their tasks. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the response. It will be great help if you can please give some details about what does 'sharing an account' is. Thanks for your time.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kmj, 

Sharing account means allowing another user, or a non-Upwork user, to use an Upwork user's account. As an example, if Goran and I have two separate accounts, and I allowed Goran to log in to my Upwork account, bid on projects, and work on contracts, this is considered sharing your account and is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths