🐈
» Forums » Agencies » We were unable to send invitation to such use...
Page options
b6f5b61d
Community Member

We were unable to send invitation to such users: **Edited**- User has active job applications

Hi, 

I have created a new agency and I am trying to add a freelancer in my agency.. but This error shows up:

We were unable to send invitation to such users:

[username] - User has active job applications

But the user does not have any active job applications.

Please help me sort this out ASAP.

Thanks,

Shamsa F.

SA Technologies

10 REPLIES 10
NikolaS

Hi Shamsa,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f459b0da
Community Member

I have the same question

Hi Zain,

Can you confirm you're having the same issue as the OP? If so, can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies? Let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
daaa165e
Community Member

I have the same problem also.

Hi Natnael,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0aa39796
Community Member

Make me learn  how to get jobs please. Ill be grateful

30d351be
Community Member

If you're facing issues with sending invitations on Upwork due to the error message stating that the user has active job applications, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check for Active Proposals:

• Even though it might seem like the freelancer doesn't have any active job applications, double-check to ensure they don't have any proposals pending or in progress. Sometimes, proposals might not be immediately visible.
  2. Communication with the Freelancer:

• Reach out to the freelancer directly and ask if they have any active job applications or if they are currently working on a project. This can help verify the information and ensure there are no misunderstandings.
  3. Upwork Customer Support:

• If the issue persists and you are certain that the freelancer doesn't have any active job applications, contact Upwork Customer Support. Explain the situation and provide any relevant details, including the freelancer's username. Upwork support can investigate the issue and provide a solution.
  4. Wait for Updates:

• Sometimes, there might be a delay in the system updating the freelancer's status. Wait for a little while and then try sending the invitation again.
  5. Try Another User:

• If the issue persists with a specific freelancer, try inviting another freelancer to your agency. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the user or a more general issue.
  6. Clear Browser Cache:

• Clear your browser cache and cookies, or try using a different browser to rule out any browser-related issues.

Remember that Upwork's features and interface may evolve, so it's a good idea to check Upwork's help center or contact their support for the most up-to-date information on solving such issues.

kevinbamboo
Community Member

I have the same problem I can not invite freelancers to join my agency even if the freelancer doesn't have any active job application.

I did try multiple times by entering Email Addresses or usernames

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, Nikola

Looking forward to your agent to sort this out

Thanks
Kevin B

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths