🐈
» Forums » Agencies » What is the purpose of Basic Membership for A...
Page options
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

What is the purpose of Basic Membership for Agencies?

So, I created an agency and decided to stay on the Basic Membership. What I do not understand here is that there does not seem to be a way to buy connects for my agency account. 

I contacted support and they confirmed that I need to Upgrade to Agency Plus in order to buy connects. 

My question here is: If I am unable to buy connects or if I am unable to send proposals why does this account type even exist? Plus, in the features of basic membership, it says "Unused Connects rollover up to 400" if I am unable to buy connects how will connects rollover? 

Or am I missing something here? 

For those who have moved from independent freelancer to agency, how was your experience? I've read a lot about clients preferring to hire independent freelancers over an agency. Any thoughts? 

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Ashraf,

Thank you for reaching out. With basic membership, you can create an agency account with you as a single agency member. You would need to upgrade to the Agency Plus plan if you plan to add other freelancers to your agency and apply for jobs and buy Connects. You can downgrade to Agency Basic anytime later.

This means that in order to start submitting proposals as an agency, you would need to upgrade to the Agency Plus plan, buy Connects and any contracts that you'll have, you can retain them without having to continue the Agency Plus membership.

Check out these help pages to know more about Creating an agency and Agency Plus plan

~ AJ
Upwork

So, that means each time I need more connects I will have to pay an extra $20? That is insane! 

Let's consider this scenario: 
I upgrade to Agency Plus, get 1-2 Exclusive agency members, and later at the end of the month I down grade. What happens to those Exclusive Agency Members? 

Another Question about the connects: Are agency members rewarded extra connects for replying to job interviews? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths