🐈
» Forums » Agencies » What is the purpose of setup member to privat...
Page options
uysimty
Community Member

What is the purpose of setup member to private?

I have set some of my member profile to private or upwork user only. But I still see all of them on my Agency profile. So I am sure what set it to private or upwork user only mean?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uysim, 

I would like to expound on what Goran has shared. Your agency freelancer's profiles will still be listed as members of your agency even if their profiles are set to private. However, if a client tries to access their profile, they will be notified that the user's profile is private. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 5.00.28 PM.png

If you don't want them listed in your agency, you can remove them from your agency's roster temporarily and then add them back anytime.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uysim, 

The visibility settings in your profile allow you to decide where and when potential clients can view your Upwork profile. In this help article, it shared the three visibility options that you can choose from: 

• Public – Your profile will be visible to the entire Internet including clients, freelancers, and visitors. It’s also visible to search engines such as Google and Bing. Use this option if you want anyone with Internet access to be able to view your Upwork profile.
  • Only Upwork Users – Only logged-in Upwork members can find your profile and it’s hidden from search engines.
  • Private – Your profile will be excluded from the Upwork marketplace and search engines. This means clients won’t see you when they search for freelancers. People who are not logged into Upwork will not be able to access your profile via a direct link. People who are logged into Upwork and have access to your direct profile link will only be able to see your first name, last initial, title, photo, rate, city, and country.

When you said that you are still seeing the freelancer profiles that you have set to private/only Upwork users, could you please confirm if you are seeing them when you are logged in to your account, or when you click on the "View profile as client" option?

~ Avery
Upwork
uysimty
Community Member

I can not view their profile after set to private or user only. But we the list of their profile on our agency profile.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Uysim,

Yes that is correct, the profile will be listed on the agency profile. But, when the profile is opened the client will not be able to view the freelancer information if their visibility is set to private. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

So why we need to set freelance to private? 
To me it seem that feature is not completed. What it can help me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uysim, 

I would like to expound on what Goran has shared. Your agency freelancer's profiles will still be listed as members of your agency even if their profiles are set to private. However, if a client tries to access their profile, they will be notified that the user's profile is private. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 5.00.28 PM.png

If you don't want them listed in your agency, you can remove them from your agency's roster temporarily and then add them back anytime.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths