🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: bank account details for an Agency ?
Page options
parsadsatinder
Community Member

bank account details for an Agency ?

Hello Everyone,

currently i have a freelancer account and created a agency as well.

1)  my question is for payment method,

what Bank Details need to submit, will my personal Bank account will work ?

2) currently i have people under me, not any Certified Company ?

do i need to to approve company from Local Govt and submit certificate ?

3) do all members of Agency need to do video verification with Upwork's agent ?

thanks & regards

9 REPLIES 9
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Santinder, 

Please see my answer below to your questions: 

1. Yes, your personal bank account can be used to accept payments for your agency. 
  2. I am not privy to the rules of establishing a company in your country. I would suggest that you check this with your local governement to make sure that you meet the guidelines. 
  3. If the team finds it necessary for the freelancers listed under your agency to do the video-chat verification, they will need to complete it. 

Here's a help article link to help you manage and start your Agency on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
arnov_c
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I want to take paymen in agency. I don't own the agency, its registered in someone else's name. Can I put the agency bank account details?

If so, Whose name should I put in first name and last name (after the account type)? will it be mine or owner of the agency. 

Thanks

Arnov

Hi Arnov,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
manjuangra
Community Member

Hello, 

currently I'm using my personal bank account for my agency payments. 

My question:

Can I replace my agency bank account with other person bank account (ex..my sister or brother)

any help is apperciated...Smiley Happy

Thanks

Hi Manju,

Unfortunately no, you can only use a bank account under your own name or under the agency company name.

Hi, I have an agency in Upwork and have an exclusive member of the agency. So is it possible to add an extra bank account on his name in my agency? so that will ease to transfer money to his account.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JIJO, 

The agency payment methods will need to be under the Agency Owner's account, or the Agency's name (if, for example, the Agency is registered as a business, and you have a bank account under the business name). 

~ Avery
Upwork
ceefb579
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I have read through this thread and I appreciate you helping us all out here.

I recently followed your advise and added my personal bank account to the agency account.  It is displaying a warning that the bank account doesn't match the name of my account so the payment method was disabled.

I just wanted to make sure if this is still possible or if you could advise me otherwise.

I want to add that I only created the agency because I thought I would be working along some colleagues but that never happened.  And the only reason I have a contract in the agency is because my customer hire me through the agency and not directly.  I even want to close the agency since I have no plans on continuing to work through it or to have a legal entity in my country for that matter.

Is it possible to move this contract to my personal account and close the agency?  Or should I talk to my customer so that we close the contract and start a new one directly with me? I wouldn't want to make my customer go through this process so any other option would be great! 

Hi Erick, 

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Regarding the contract with your client, you can choose to complete it through your Agency. Nonetheless, if you wish to be hired through your regular freelancer profile, you will need to end the contract and your client will need to hire you through that profile instead. It would be up to you and your client to decide what's best in this case.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths