🐈
» Forums » Agencies » client suspicious behavior
Page options
andrii-skvortsov
Community Member

client suspicious behavior

Hello all. Around three month ago I received invitation to fixed cost work from Jasmeet from India.I did the work, client is reviewed it and accepted. Client left good feedback for me, I did not left any feedback. I was like usual work. So i received my payment and everything is ok. But today he come to me after 3 moths, and asked to give refund because of 'poor code quality' he said. Also said that will send an email to Upwork to close my account. I consider this behaviod like suspicious and block this client. Could someone please clarify how to refer to Upwork community people to help me with what should I do to protect me? Also you can ask feedback from my current client to ensure that I do only good quality.

Hope for your help.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Andrii,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a past client. Please know, if the contract was Fixed-Price, you are protected by Fixed-Price Protection. Your client may still request a refund directly from you, within 180 days of the payment. Based on their request, you can then choose to issue a full refund, a partial refund, or no refund at all.

Hope this information is helpful and please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Client's behavior is very strange for me and looks like fraud.

Now 3 month after finished contract client decided to do this slander without any clarification.

Hi Andrii,

We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it so our team can review and take appropiate actions.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths