🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: "User has active job applications" error ...
Page options
pkbrooks
Community Member

"User has active job applications" error during Agency Freelancer Invite

Not fully understanding this error

"User has active job applications".

New agency that is a collaboration between two Upwork professionals.  I am building the agency within my own account and inviting my partner in as an agency member.  It appears that the process requires that my partner cancel all of her efforts to land projects for herself in order to join the agency.  Is this correct?  

We both want to act as non-exclusive members so it is a little suprising that this is required of invited Upwork members.

107 REPLIES 107
pkbrooks
Community Member

Have just confirmed that my partner has no projects or proposals on her account currently that would warrent the error

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Keith.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem. Someone wants to add me as a member but this problem happen.

Hi Riguel Wadley,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good day! 

I have the same problem! 

Roman

Hi Roman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

there is no ticket...

Hi Roman,

I'm sorry for the delay. The team already reached out via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem.

Hi Sana,

I shared your problem with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

getting error while adding another account to my agency account. Please help me out with the complete solutions that how could I add a freelancer to my agency account. 

Hi Kumar,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello?! More then one day! 

Hi Roman,

Please note that the team replies to the tickets in the order they were received and in some cases, it can take more than 48 hours to receive an update. From my end, I already followed up with them to speed up the process.

We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ihteandr
Community Member

I have same problem when try leave a team, it says I have active applications, but I can't find them

Hi Vladimir,

I can see that you have several submitted proposals, which is why you are unable to leave the Agency. If you go to the Proposals page, you will be able to see them under "Submitted Proposals." You will need to withdraw your proposals before you can leave the Agency.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Bojan!

I'm also facing the same issue. Can you help me sort this out?

Hi Zafar,

I can see that you are the owner of the agency and an exclusive member of your agency. If you would like to apply to jobs as an individual freelancer, please update your exclusivity, by logging into your Upwork Agency account and looking under Settings > Members and Permission.

~ Joanne
Upwork
757150ad
Community Member

Hello Joanne I'm facing the same problem, I can't be invited to an agency although I have no active contracts.

Error "User has active job applications"

Hi Khaled,

I can see that you do not have an ongoing contract but you do have an active job application. Looks like you have an invitation to interview, which you can see by going to Find Work > Proposals.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you helpme please?

Hi Eugene,

If you're looking to invite a freelancer as an exclusive member of the Agency, they need to ensure all activity is clear before you're able to invite them. This includes pending, active, and open activity: closing all contracts, withdrawing all proposals, and ensuring all payments have been received and withdrawn. 

If you've confirmed this and are still seeing this error, even when trying to invite them as non-exclusive, please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
marobins
Community Member

Thank you for providing this information. I have been trying to add my business partner to my Upwork agency but because we both work for other agencies on Upwork, I was unable to add her as an "exclusive" member. After marking her as "non-exclusive" I was able to give her access. Thank you, again, for the information, Andrea!

88655f6e
Community Member

i have the same problem.

9703d825
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. Someone wants to add me as a member but this problem happen.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and you have 1 active proposal and 7 pending proposals. You would have to withdraw them first in order for the agency to add you as an exclusive agency member.

To withdraw your proposal, kindly go to the proposals page, click a job post, then click on "Withdraw Proposal."

Please let us know if further assistance is needed. Thanks!

~ AJ
Upwork
leandra_n
Community Member

Hi Bojan, can you please help me too? I'm having the same issue when I try to add upwork users to my upwork agency.

Hi Leandra,

Thank you for your message. Could you please reach out to the users to check and close any active proposals or contracts on their Upwork profile before sending an invite? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fb3509d6
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem. I want to add someone as team member and getting this error.

"User has active job applications".

Hi Ali,

It sounds like you are trying to invite the freelancer as an exclusive member. If that's the case, the freelancer will need to withdraw their active candidacies so that you can invite them to your agency. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pchamza
Community Member

I've same problem Bojan, She already end all her active contracts but still I've see this issue "User has active job applications".

Can you please help me?

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out. The active job applications should refer to her active proposals. She would have to withdraw them in order to join your agency. Or you can add her as a non-exclusive agency member in order for her to not have to do this anymore.

~ AJ
Upwork
5cc894a8
Community Member

I have the same problem 

Hi Qasim,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9c41ae25
Community Member

I have the same issue, I am not able to invite some as it says:

"We were unable to send invitation to such users:

**Edited for Community Guidelines** - User has active job applications"

Hi Rodman,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
nevil463
Community Member

I have the same issue, I am not able to invite some as it says:

We were unable to send invitation to such users:

User has active job applications

Hi Neville,

If you're inviting members to your Agency as Exclusive Agency Members they are not able to have contracts that are not under the Agency. If they won't be closing these contracts then you can still invite them as a Non-Exclusive Member.

~Andrea
Upwork
d081e4d0
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

It's the same problem with me. I have inited some freelancers they have active contracts on idvidual basis not under any agency but I am still unable to add them. How can I fix that error ? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths