🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: "User has active job applications" error ...
Page options
pkbrooks
Community Member

"User has active job applications" error during Agency Freelancer Invite

Not fully understanding this error

"User has active job applications".

New agency that is a collaboration between two Upwork professionals.  I am building the agency within my own account and inviting my partner in as an agency member.  It appears that the process requires that my partner cancel all of her efforts to land projects for herself in order to join the agency.  Is this correct?  

We both want to act as non-exclusive members so it is a little suprising that this is required of invited Upwork members.

107 REPLIES 107

Hi Muhammad,

The invited freelancers will need close all active jobs before they accept the invitation for Exclusive agency member

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Got it thank you. 

Hi Andrea , I have no active jobs but my Agency is getting this error and I'm unable to join could you help and see what's wrong ?
Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to join the agency you are referring to. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
seyumd
Community Member

Hello! I'm facing the same problem! Can't invite people to my agency 

Hi Seyum,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mtalhaali97
Community Member

Hello Nikola,
Yeah I've been added to the agency but as a client, I would like to be added as a freelancer over there when my Boss hires me there it gives her an error.I want to create my profile under that agency as exclusive .

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
omerahmed87
Community Member

Hi, i am the agency owner and getting this error whenever i send an invite to join my agency

"User has active job applications" 

Hi Omer,

If you're inviting a freelancer to join your Agency as an exclusive member they will only be able to work on projects under the Agency. This means that, when you invite them, they cannot have any active contracts or proposals on their account. Could you please confirm this with them before sending another invite?

An alternative would be trying to invite them as a non-exclusive member of the Agency.

~Andrea
Upwork
abhisehek53
Community Member

I am also trying to add few agency members, but not able to. Getting error - "User has active job applications". But, I checked and verified from her profile. So doesnt have any active contract or job.

Hi there, 

As Andrea has shared previously on the same thread, if you are adding the freelancer as an exclusive member of your agency, the freelancer should have no active proposals and contracts. Could you please check with the freelancer if they have any active proposals? If so, they will need to withdraw these before you can add them as an exclusive member of your agency. 

You can also add them as a non-exclusive member of your agency.

~ Avery
Upwork
d345b46a
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have the same issue, I am not able to invite some as it says:

"We were unable to send invitation to such users:

- User has active job applications"

Please look into it. 

Thanks 

Hi Shabi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
46e9136d
Community Member

I want to add this user: **Edited for Community Guidelines**  to my agency, but not able to. It says, user have active job application, but it's not the case. Please help!

Thanks,

Manish

Hi Manish,

If you're trying to add the freelancer as an exclusive freelancer they will need to withdraw their proposals in order to be able to accept the invitation.
However, you can also invite them as a non-exclusive freelancer if they would like to work under the agency and as an independent freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fc27e2bb
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue right now. Would be great if you can support

Hi Olena,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
fb11ad48
Community Member

Hi,
I have the same problem & already submitted a support request, but it's still not assigned to anyone to solve.

Hi Savdeep,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
88655f6e
Community Member

I am having the same problem

Hi Hengpaixitong,

Please finish the pending verification on your end and then you should be able to join the agency. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
88655f6e
Community Member

i have the same problem

Hi Hengpaixitong,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
easeel
Community Member

I have same problem when someone trying to add me 

Hi Abdelrahman,

This is likely happening because you currently have several submitted and active proposals. If you're being added as an exclusive freelancer, you will need to withdraw all of your proposals to be able to accept the invitation.

However, you can also be invited as a non-exclusive freelancer if you would like to work under the agency and as an independent freelancer.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
taqichaudhry
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem while adding the freelancer although he has no active contracts. 

Hi Taqi,

Could you please also confirm with them that they don't have any active proposals or a pending balance?

~Andrea
Upwork
6301a321
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue. No active proposals, contracts, and so on.

Could you please assist?

Hi Andrew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
leonilpatotoy94
Community Member

I have the same issue. No active contracts. Im being invited by an agency but they are not able to send an invitation as the error "user has active job applications". How do we fix this?

Hi Leonil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I saw that you already have an open ticket regarding this. Our team will respond to the tickets in the manner that they were received. Kindly wait for one of our team members to assist you. You can always access your support ticket here to check for updates.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I'm facing the same issue. 

No active contracts or jobs. I'm being invited by an agency but they are not able to send an invitation as the error "user has active job applications". 

Please resolve

Hi Andrea, I'm facing the same issue. 

I have no active job or proposal still my new employer cannot add me as an exclusive member to his agency account. 

Please help

Hi Varun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
umair96
Community Member

H, I am trying to add a member to my agency and it keeps giving this error

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
95d2d0b8
Community Member

Hi! An Agency wants to add me as part of their team but I am having this error: "User has active job applications". 

Hi Miriam,

Before you can be added as an exclusive agency member, you will need to withdraw your submitted proposals. Feel free to check this help article to learn how you can do that.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nakrani_tarun
Community Member

"User has active assignments or offers"

I'm also facing that same issue, please help me to add that member

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths