🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: wrong freelancer
Page options
fec2699b
Community Member

wrong freelancer

we recently started a contract (agency) with a client but we applied  for the job from one freelancer who is not working on the project and we want to change him to another freelancer (the one who is currently working on the project)
In the photo attached we want to change **Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ebrahim

Your client will need to send an offer to the freelancer that needs to work on this project. Once this is done, your current contract can be closed as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My Client released the first payment, how we can solve this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ebrahim,

It looks like the milestone was funded but the funds were not released since no work was submitted. The client can still close this contract. When the client ends a Fixed-Price contract it will automatically initiate the Escrow Refund request. They should be able to hire another freelancer under the agency on the new contract.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fec2699b
Community Member

i did not fullyunderstand this, can you please tell me what shoid i tell my client to do to sort this out?

Hi Ebrahim,

Thank you for following up. Please contact your client so that you can agree on closing the contract so that they can hire a freelancer you initially mentioned. You can submit the work you have done for a review. Once you submit your work, your client will review and either approve the milestone or ask for changes. The client has 14 days from the submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. Approval releases the payment from escrow to you. You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fec2699b
Community Member

Okay, i dont know what this had to do with my question,

i gave my client a refund of the payment that he releases,i dont know what i have to do next? What should i tell my client to do?

Hi Ebrahim,

Your client can rehire you on a new contract at any time or they can issue a bonus payment directly as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

And how we can close this contract?

Hi Ebrahim,

To learn how you can close contract check out this guide. I would also recommend to check out our resource Here to learn more about managing an agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths