This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Account Suspended

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Mitchell D J Member Since: Feb 19, 2018

With due respect and high regards i Mitchell D jones wants to draw your kind attention towards that my account got suspended.Sir i have recently completed my first order and have got 5 star rating. My clients want to work with me again. But sir unfortunately my account got suspended. Kindly remove the suspension on my account. That will be your most kindness

10 REPLIES
Frequent Visitor
Aezaz Adeeb B Member Since: Mar 12, 2018

Hi,

I have a similar issue. I recently completed my Bachelor's studies and was very excited to work on Up-Work, browsing jobs and submitting proposals. The day I landed my first job, I received an email from Up-Work saying that my account has been suspended due to submitting too many proposals. It was very depressing for me. I was unaware that this could be a reason to suspend an account. I thought that the only way for new freelancers to build their profiles was to apply for multiple jobs. At least I should have been notified or warned that this will happen if I continue to submit proposals. I was in touch on messages (on Up-Work) with another client for a job and that proposal was also withdrawn due to the suspended account. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to get my account back. I don't want my Up-Work career to end on the day it started Smiley Sad I plan to be very careful in the future before submitting proposals. 

Kind regards,

Aezaz Adeeb.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

I'm sorry to hear your account has been suspended, Aezaz. I've followed up your appeal with the team and they will get back to you once they have reviewed your appeal and your account.

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Aezaz Adeeb B Member Since: Mar 12, 2018

Hi Avery,

I received a reply to explain my case in detail, attach educational documents, etc. But every time I respond to that I get an auto-generated email that my account has been permanently suspended.  Can someone please tell me what's the final decision so I don't keep waiting. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

Kind regards,

Aezaz Adeeb. 

Hi Aezaz, 

I checked and can see that your ticket is still open. I apologise if there is a confusion with the auto-generated replies. I will go ahead and follow this up with the team. 

-Avery
Untitled
Nadia K Member Since: Sep 20, 2017

Hi Avery!

Sadly, I faced the same problem recently. Being a newbie on Upwork, I tried to find new clients and therefore sent proposals for many jobs that seemed appropriate. I already had four contracts here, and all the clients were completely satisfied with the translation I provided. One of them paid an additional bonus, another one said she'd contact me soon with new jobs. However, several days ago I received that email saying "We are contacting you to let you know we have suspended your access to Upwork indefinitely.

Our decision is based on a careful review and the fact that you have submitted a high number of proposals for jobs on our site without many contracts or earnings. Unfortunately, this means the jobs posted by clients are not a good match for your skills".

I don't really understand the logic behind it - how else can one find clients without sending proposals? I would understand it probably if my clients were not satisfied with the work I've done but this...

During my 9 years of working as a translator I didn't have a single client who would say I lacked skills or responsibility.

It is really disappointing to get banned not because you violated some rules but because you tried to get your first clients and a chance to build reputation from scratch here on Upwork.

I responded to the email, and got another one with 2 questions. I responded to it too, describing my attitude to this case and my previous work experience. What I got back was an automatic reply saying I'm still banned but I can learn more about the appealing process by writing to the same email address. The next attempt to contact the support center only brought the same automatic response as the first one.

I really hope somebody can tell me why one gets banned for just trying to find clients and what to do next to activate my account again.

Thank you in advance!

Nadia

I'm sorry for the experience, Nadia. I've followed up your latest email to the team so that they can review it and get back to you. 

-Avery
Untitled

Hi Mitchell, 

I checked your account and can see that the team reached out to you last February 19. Please respond to the ticket and follow the steps outlined on the ticket so that the limitation to your account can be lifted.

You should still be able to access it via your email or under My Requests on this page.

-Avery
Untitled
Frequent Visitor
Sherry Y Member Since: Apr 2, 2018

Hi Upwork Team,

I received an email from Upwork Help Center saying that my account is suspended because I submitted high number of proposals for jobs without many contracts or earnings.

Actually I was busy for some months and could not reach Upwork in a real and good way but I was about to return to propose for new jobs and found that my account is suspended for not a convinced reason.

First of all, millions of people are proposing on the same job offer and most of the clients do jobs with the earlier proposals and that’s now a base. Sometimes I’m early and sometimes not, we are not in a speed game!

Secondly, I did many jobs on Upwork and got 5-star reviews and amazing feedbacks. Everything was completed on time and with the acceptance of the client to do the following job for him.

Thirdly, I had a diploma certificate in graphic designing that is accredited. When I work with clients on Upwork, I deal with them in a professional and respectful way.

I don’t think having a break proposing and not getting contracts is a reason to suspend my account after all of these things.

Please let me know if you need any documents or evidences on anything I mentioned above.

I hope to have a reply on this soon!

Thank you!

Sherry Younan

I'm sorry to learn your account has been suspended, Sherry. Please resend your appeal again, and I'll make sure to follow this up with the team so that they can review your appeal, and your account. 

-Avery
Untitled