This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Account suspended

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Fredrik G Member Since: Oct 4, 2018

Hello, 

I am getting the following message on my Upwork profile's home page:

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

When I click on the link attached to "here", I am getting redirected back to the same page with the same message. Instead of redirecting back to the same page, I should be able to contact to Upwork Support but that's not the case.

When I try to click "contact customer support" link, it behaves same and redirects back to the home page with the first message. I have no idea how could I contact customer support in such a situation. I feel like there is something wrong with Upwork, may be a technical issue. Because in any case, one should be able to contact support to have help or resolution.

I have called Upworks support 3 times during the last 5 days, they opened a ticket but I have not heard back from the team that suspended my account, I have also not received any email regarding the suspension from Upwork. I tried to message a moderator here in the community, but I don't have permission to do that it says.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fredrik

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Visitor
Yevhen A Member Since: May 16, 2019

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. Can't access the support.

Furthermore, I've already pass the video call and uploaded my ID. Now I see "Successfully verified on 2019-05-22" message and requirement to complete my identity verification video call.

I haven't received any emails.

Could someone help?

Joaquin D Member Since: Jun 11, 2019

wow same issue i just got now. and i to make matters worst i cant even create a QUESTION on the upwork community. when i try to choose the category of the question is not showing me anything 

can anyone help me pls

when my account got suspended i didnt even received any email .