This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

E invoice (services export invoice AFIP - Argentina)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Sol C Member Since: Nov 17, 2016

Hello there, hope you can help me with this issue!

I'm a freelancer in Rosario, Argentina, currently working in a few long-term projects.

This work I'm doing at the moment is for paying bills, let's say, I need this monthly income to pay rent, etc.

I'm a monotributista in AFIP tax authority and able to make E invoices to make my work legal.

The issue comes when I need to fill the invoice blanks of tax id / name / adress of the actual clients I have.
Most of the clients abroad are very sensitive regarding this information (usually I got a lot of questions and negatives). Should I make my invoices to each client and ask for their each tax info or make invoices to Upwork?

This is really urgent because are high amounts.

Thank you for your help!

39 REPLIES 39
Frequent Visitor
Mauricio P Member Since: May 18, 2017

Hi Sol,

I've found myself in the same situation as yours. Could you solve this? Are you using UpWork information in your invoices?

Bests,

Mauricio

Frequent Visitor

Hi Mauricio, unfortunately NO!

You know how things are in this country, everything is "new" or "uncommon"

I have the whole legal part right, this is the only item missing.

I have spoke with other argentinian freelancers and nobody uses AFIP so I guess until any accountant decides to review this we are on our own.

I continue searching for this solution, if I get any tip I will keep you updated here.

Cheers!

Frequent Visitor
Carolina P Member Since: Jun 18, 2017

HI Mauricio and Sol, or any other argentinians, as I understood, you do not need to make any Invoice to declare the money you are receiving?

thanks for the info

Frequent Visitor

Hi Caro!

Let's say AFIP invoices are the legal and proper way get a payment from abroad. Of course most freelancers here in Arg are in the shadows and getting paid via Payoneer / Banelco, but this is tricky specially when you manage large amounts of money.

If you have a +500 Usd income per month you are in risk to be caught by AFIP anytime. Of course you will hear stories of people getting paid in dollars from years now and never got any problem, but frankly this is illegal and your fine can be sometimes very high if you get caught.

The worst of this situation is that sometimes we want to do the right thing and be 100% legal buy nobody is able to explain us how to do this. I have asked a few accountants and they mostly say it's "something new so it's not well regulated by the law" and bla bla. So I'm clueless right now. 

As I replied to Mauricio before, I'm still searching for someone that can provide me a solution but until now... Payoneer / Banelco.

I will keep you updated if I learn something new!

xx

Frequent Visitor
Carolina P Member Since: Jun 18, 2017

thanks for the quick answer. 

I just don`t understand when you say "but until now... Payoneer / Banelco."  You meat that if you use Payoneer or Banelco you don`t need to do Invoices??

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Hi Sol and Caro,

What I ended up doing is using the local bank transfer option and every time I get the transfer I do a paper factura C for the amount in pesos that I received. This is what my accountant suggested.

When you get paid in payoneer it's a grey area because if you make a factura E, the funds are supposed to be received in an Argentinian bank account by law. So even if you do a factura E but the payment does not reach a local bank account, then you're not within the law terms.

So my suggestion is to use the local bank transfer option to get paid and make a factura C. This has been working great for me for the past month and the exchange rate is not that bad.

Cheers!

Mauricio

Maximiliano Sebast R Member Since: Nov 29, 2016

Hi guys, I've been doing some research consulting with other local freelancers and lately with an accountant specialized in export regulations located in Campana (I can share his details if needed).

As Sol said, we need to do factura E, but most importantly, funds needs to be exchanged at the BCRA.

If you have done withdrawals via Upwork or Payoneer, you will notice that the transaction is marked as a manual deposit, $5k each, implying that they were manually deposited by someone over here that is part of a 'cave' of sorts.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Frequent Visitor

Hi Maximiliano, thanks for sharing. My main question is, if the payment is being done locally, there is no money coming from abroad or any international transfer, does it make sense to make a Factura E? Shouldn't we do a Factura C in this case?

If you'd say that the money is coming in an international transfer, then we must do a Factura E and take a copy to the bank in order to receive the funds. But with the local bank transfer approach the money is deposited locally in pesos, so in theory we should do a factura C.

Anyways... I think we can get as many answers as the number of accountants we ask about this. This is how our country works ha.

Bests,

Mauricio

Frequent Visitor
Fernando R Member Since: Aug 29, 2019

Hello Maximilano! I'm new to this and would appreciate very much if you could share your accountant contact with me.