This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

E invoice (services export invoice AFIP - Argentina)

Ashok S Member Since: Jun 2, 2019
Yes tell me. What's the problem?
Nicolas Z Member Since: Mar 26, 2017

Hi Mauricio,

Same thing happens to me; it seems someone goes to the bank and makes a manual deposit to my account but it's anonymous. Who are you billing? What name do you use? What tax ID?

Thanks.

Alejandro T Member Since: Jul 31, 2017
Hello guys,
For what I have researched and what Maximiliano said, this is the legal way of doing things:
If you are monotributista, you must do a Factura E to upwork, your "client". Even though the final client is another one, in the eyes of the law, Upwork, as the paying party, is your client. Law requires you have the funds transferred to a local bank from your client, and you must present the bank with a copy of the invoice to proove this is an income from an international client in order for them to release your funds.
Doing a factura C as a monotributista and not having your funds deposited in a local bank, is not the right way to do it on the eyes of the law here. Im not 100% sure if AFIP would fine you for this given that you've been paying the appropriate taxes, but in an incorrect form.
Once you reach the limit in the upper monotributista class, you will need to be classified as a Responsable Inscripto in AFIP. This is where stuff gets crappy for us. We'll have to pay earnings tax (impuesto a las ganancias) that can be up to 35%. Given that's an international client, it is exepmt of the 21.5% of IVA.

Damian T Member Since: Apr 20, 2017

Hello everyone! 

I wrote UpWork asking for the tax ID to put it on my Factura E, but they are kindda elusive. 

How did you managed this? I know the adress, but no the ID...  Do you all do Factura E?

The deposit are made "by hand", someone goes to the bank and deposits that money in my name. 

It's not even a transfer. 

Any toughts?

Thanks!

Hi Damian,

I'm also trying to figure this out. A support agent told me they use Transfast as a third party and that it's them who make the deposits. The thing is they don't have an argentinian Tax Id either.

Please, let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Somethins suspicious is going on. I received two payments in a week. One of them was a manual deposit to my account and the other one is a transfer from a J**Edited for Community Guidelines**(I have no clue who this person is). This cuit only shows up on **Edited for Community Guidelines** I think it's very suspicious that it doesn't show in **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I could bill this guy for services rendered, but what about the manual deposit?

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
Nahuel L Member Since: Nov 8, 2017

Same problem here. Isn't Upwork staff providing any solutions for this? Shouldn't they at least provide a Tax ID for the payments they do?

Damian T Member Since: Apr 20, 2017

No contador could ever give me a proper answer to this. We can't do E bill because we receive local payment. We can't do C bill because we don't have a local CUIT. 

How UpWork expects us to work legally if they don't give us any help? 

I only hope we don't have tax issues in the future, as I plan to keep working on UpWork for a long time. 

Frequent Visitor
Gabriela P Member Since: Mar 15, 2017

Has anyone figure this out yet? I can't find a legal way to do this.

Frequent Visitor
Hernan T Member Since: Dec 29, 2017

I don't know what is the big issue (I'm just saying this because with my accountant we resolved this as something trivial).

If you want to do things legally you need to be or Monotributista or Responsable Inscripto. Which means you need to have a CUIT and have the ability to do invoices of type E. 

For getting access to type E invoices is a separate  process that you do from afip's web. This your accountant should be able to do it without any problem (even you if you want to mess with afip's web).

the TAX ID that many people is asking about, YOU DONT NEED TO FILL IT in the Invoice. Just leave it blank. 

Many confused things with invoicing and bringing funds. One thing is not related to the other. You can do invoice and keep your funds in a non-local bank. or do. 

In any case always assume that AFIP will know that you have that money and its best to do invoices to have everything in check. 

Disclaimer, I'm not an accountant and all of you should hire one. Smiley Happy 

hope this helps.