This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

E invoice (services export invoice AFIP - Argentina)

Jorge B Member Since: Jun 1, 2018

Thanks a lot Gabriela!

Frequent Visitor
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017

Hi! I´ve read all the thread and just wanted to know how are you managing this issue right now.  

When you´re referring to "factura E" it´s "factura de exportación" right?  I don´t know how many of you are using "Factura electrónica". But I´m using that and if there´s something that I´m putting wrong Afip won´t let me continue doing the invoice till I done it right. So for example, if I doing a bill that exceeds  $1000(pesos) I can´t just leave the "razón social" blank or put final consumer, the Afip web will tell me that I have to fill in cuit/dni and name/social reason/address.

I agree with those who said that for example when using "direct to local bank" method the payment is made locally (for me it always appeared as a person who made a cash deposit on an ATM)  it's a local transfer made in pesos as if I had worked with an Argentinian client, so we shouldn´t have to make a "factura de exportación", as we aren't receiving  an international transfer.

What I´ve been doing is making "Factura C" choosing the "cliente del exterior" option at IVA condition field then choosing the option "country cuit" which I fill in with this cuit:

55000002126ESTADOS UNIDOS - Persona Jurídica 

and then in name I put "Upwork Global Inc.", address: "441 Logue Ave. Mountain View, CA 94043" 

This was the only way that the Afip site would let me make an invoice to Upwork in pesos using Factura C. I don´t know if it´s the right way or not. What do you think?  how are you doing your invoices now?

Cheers!

Cristobal L Member Since: Jul 13, 2018

Okay, so that looks like a way to do it. Can you certify in any way that AFIP approves this way of billing? Leaving the Tax ID blank, and just filling the CUIT Pais, Razon Social, and Adress?

Thank you very much.

Cristobal L Member Since: Jul 13, 2018

So I spoke with my accountant. She said we need to bill whoever makes the deposit to you (So pretty much UpWork). She also said leaving the ID Impositivo field empty should be okay as long as you fill in the other fields (She didn't sound 100% sure though).

Frequent Visitor

Hi! so I wanted to come here and update you since the last time I did the Factura C to (Cliente del exterior) an error message appeared (never had this message before) saying the cuit wasn´t valid (I was doing Factura C using "EEUU persona jurídica" cuit because I was receiving pesos on my account)  So since that, now I'm doing factura E (Factura de exportación) and found this post that helped me a lot with it: https://medium.com/@j0an/c%C3%B3mo-facturar-al-exterior-y-cobrar-en-tu-banco-siendo-monotributista-7...

Hope it helps!

Hi, I just wanted to clarify that I was talking about factura de exportacion and the payment to Argentinian bank transfering usd.

For me it makes no sense doing factura C since the funds are coming from outside Argentina and I want to avoid Buenos Aires province taxes since exporting services are exent.

I was also told that the tax id can be left blank.
I haven't used that payment method yet but I'm about to.

Regards

Frequent Visitor

Just be aware that if you receive a USD transaction in your local account, your bank will probably charge fees, and in most banks are pretty high. If the transaction is in pesos (like the  "direct to local bank method")the bank won´t charge anything.

Thanks Smiley Happy.  Yes I know, the thing is that if you compare the pesos rate upwork gives you and the fees that you pay using a bank transfer are almost the same depending the amount you send.

Frequent Visitor

You're right the upwork dollar rate is awful, if you don't mind, how much is your bank charging you for the transaction? 

Santander Rio charges a minimum of 50 usd + 0.125% I think it was. You can ask the rates to the comercio exterior office of your bank. And also 21% of iva over the bank fee.