This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Hello!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Nadia O Member Since: Jun 1, 2017
Maybe a weird question but does Upwork require a memebership fee inorder to use site? Plus I cannot seem to locate where to update my profile and how to work on it? Also looking for the tests to provide a higher rating?
5 REPLIES
Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016

Hello Nadia,

The basic plan is free and for starters, you should work on the basic plan. I would suggest. There is no membership fee if you want you can buy Upwork Premium services. To understand profile and tests etc you should watch Upwork introduction videos and read their articles. Upwork is very user-friendly it is not complicated at all.

Frequent Visitor
Nadia O Member Since: Jun 1, 2017
Thankyou! Also...is there any advice for the amatuer writer? I dont actually have a degree and im searching the forums to learn how to be marketable
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Nadia,

You can sign up for an account free of charge. Once you get paid on a job you're hired on, a sliding service fee will be applied on the payments you receive.

Please provide the required information, submit your profile for review and feel free to follow up in case your profile gets approved.

Frequent Visitor
Andrea D Member Since: Jul 20, 2018

ok well you tell her that but what was the reason i had to pay a fee while first getting on here? well if i wanted to get real access to great/good jobs i had to pay upgrade membership

and i been with this company website for a month now and have not made any money yet. but i **bleep** sure still have hope. so right now i am ok. but since on here;. what does if a client or employer as me for my MAIL ID number is? and how if haven't got a freelancer job yet how can i find or get my REF ID number as well?

Frequent Visitor
Youssef E Member Since: Jan 29, 2018

and too

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS