This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

My account was first hidden and now suspended

Highlighted
Usman S Member Since: Jun 7, 2019

I completed registration for a freelancer account on Upwork since last week. I submitted and upon checking the next day to see if it has been approved or not, I saw a message at the top of my profile saying my account needs changes and has been hidden till the changes are made. Note: my profile score is 100%.

The links in the message referred me to a 404 not found page, after which I contacted support. About a day went by with no response from the team and another message is now being displayed saying my account has been suspended.

Finally, they responded yesterday with the changes that I needed to make for my account to be fully functional. I made the changes and I received an email from one of the support staff saying the changes were successful and my account will be restored. I am still waiting for the account to be fully functional as the two messages are still there. I contacted support again and they've not replied since.

Please help me out. 

4 REPLIES 4
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018

Hi Usman,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled

Hi Bojan, 

Thank you very much for your swift response. I'll patiently wait for their response as regards my account. 

Regards, 

Usman. 

Hi Bojan, 

The support team asked me for ID verification which I did and they followed up with some questions which I answered. The promise was that the hold on my account will be lifted soon. 

I have done all that is asked of me and the hold/restriction is still effective, please help me get in touch with the staff in charge of my account to please lift the ban and change my account visibility to public. 

Thank you very much, I appreciate your concern on my issue so far. 

Regards, 

Usman. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018

Hi Usman,

I checked this and see that you are communicating with our team on your ticket, please allow time to them to response and update ticket.

If you have any questions, please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled