This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

My profile getting rejected again and again

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Muhammad B Member Since: Jan 12, 2019

Hello!

I created an account on upwork some days ago and my profile gets rejected again and again. I recive an email saying that there aren't jobs available for your skills but on the find work page I see a lot of projects that are related to my skills so what should I do now to get approved.

5 REPLIES
Ace Contributor
Md. Arafat - Member Since: Apr 5, 2018

These points would help you in approving your profile, 

How to get your Upwork profile approved:
Show Upwork you’re a serious professional – right from the start
Tell Upwork EVERYTHING you can do
Never choose just one work subcategory
Try your best to list the maximum number of skills
Don’t undersell your experience level
Let Upwork calculate a personalized “rate tip”
Make sure your title isn’t too vague (or too specific)
Go beyond the bare minimum with your profile overview
Yes, you DO have employment history
Include ALL your education (not just college degrees)
Treat your profile like a resume
Bolster your profile with a few portfolio pieces (or make some quickly if you don’t have any)
Have your other professional accounts “vouch” for you
Prove yourself with Upwork’s skill tests
Keep improving your profile and try again

Md Arafat
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I have edited tried to edit my profile and have submitted it agian let's see what happens.

Frequent Visitor

I've got rejected again would you please check my profile and tell me what exactly is wrong with it which needs to be changed?

Community Guru
Gerald S Member Since: Apr 1, 2018

If you're having so many issues here, my suggestion is to try other freelancer sites.

Frequent Visitor
I'm not having any issue. Its just that I want to know is it really just about that a lot of other people have the same skills that I have are joining this site. Then what I should do is learn other skills in which you think you have less freelancers applying for and then try again submitting my profile with those skills.
But if its about that you are accepting people similar to my skills but my skill level isn't that good. Then I should improve my skills and try again.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS