This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment method Argentina

Community Guru
Walker R Member Since: Sep 30, 2015

I use Payoneer over here in Chile. Yes you can take cash from a debit machine.  Use different ATMs and some will charge you a withdrawal fee and some will not.  In depends on what international and national payment networks they use.

Do they still have the blue market/official currency exchange rate in Argentina?  Too bad for you.

Can you open an account in Panama, USA, Jersey Islands, Isle of Man, Canary Islands, or somewhere else in dollars?  Then you could pay some bills in dollars.  At least you would not lose it to inflation.

Frequent Visitor
Gonzalo A Member Since: Feb 12, 2017

Hi  Felipe,

Did you get paid ? What method did you use to get your money?.

I am quite new working here so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

Francisco Javier T Member Since: May 6, 2016

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

How great this thread written in English by Argentinians Smiley Happy

As many have replied, I have the PAYONEER Mastercard. Once you subscribe it will be sento to your home address. Now that our currency is more or less steady it is Ok to withdraw pesos from the ATM. The other chance as someone mentioned is to withdraw dollars from an ATM cross boarder (not Brazil).

Regards.

Francisco

Frequent Visitor
Javier P Member Since: Jun 22, 2016

Hi guys, but what about the AFIP? Is it legal to receive funds from the exterior without declaring them? I don't think so.

Regards,

Frequent Visitor
Ing Matias D Member Since: Jul 21, 2016

Good morning to everyone. Im Matias from Chubut.

I was reading about the tax in Argentina, and i think our work its classified in "exports of service" and have to use "electronic invoices", the type of invoice its the "E".

Im going to talk with AFIP to know more about it and i tell how it goes. (Sorry for my english! Smiley Tongue)

more info...

https://www.afip.gob.ar/genericos/guiavirtual/consultas_detalle.aspx?id=12038525

Regards

Matias

Frequent Visitor
Ing Matias D Member Since: Jul 21, 2016
Frequent Visitor
Ariel F Member Since: Jul 28, 2016

Hi everyone!

I got my first payment via Payoneer yesterday and went straight to the ATM. I was very frustrated and disappointed to see that Banelco will charge you way more than Payoneer to withdraw the funds. It seems really insane, I can withdraw a maximum of 2000 pesos (the ATM at Banco Galicia won't give you more in a single transaction), and for that Banelco charges you $90 (pesos) , plus the Payoneer fee which is u$s 3 per withdrawal.  So let's say you need to withdraw $10000 for the whole month, you need to run to the ATM five times and pay almost u$s 10 fee per withdrawal. So if you do the math, it is really a rip off !   

Again, unfortunately this leads me to believe we're living in a country isolated from the rest of the world, where the modern rules of globalization don't apply and there are no regulations in favor of consumers such as us. We are destined to pay high fees and being ripped off by our local banks!

Anyway, if any of you has found a way to avoid these high fees I would grateful to hear about it. 

Thanks!

Andrea M Member Since: Jul 27, 2016

Hi Ariel,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I just sign up for Payoneer so I believe I will be able to withdraw money in about 20 days when the card arrives. 

Did you try with different banks? Or Link ATMs? Just to know if its a matter of the bank or the whole Banelco or ATM´s network.  

Best,

Andrea

Frequent Visitor
Ariel F Member Since: Jul 28, 2016

Hi Andrea,

I am almost certain it's the same for both Banelco and Link networks. A few months ago I tried with another debit card I have from an international bank and it was the same thing, both at Link and Banelco ATMs. 

It might be that some banks have a higher limit per withdrawal (instead of $2000 at Galicia) In any case the main problem here is inflation and the fact that we only have $100 bills, so you can withdraw a maximum of 30 bills or so. I doubt that you can get more than $3000 or $4000 in a single transaction, so you still need a few runs to the ATM to survive.

Andrea M Member Since: Jul 27, 2016

Hi Ariel,

And have you tried transfering funds to a local account? I´m asking you just to know your experience, since I´m about to receive my Payoneer card and don´t know -in terms of costs- what´s the best way. 

Also, why did you prefer Payoneer over PayPal?

Thanks!!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS