This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment method Argentina

Frequent Visitor
Ariel F Member Since: Jul 28, 2016

Transferring funds to your local bank should be the last resort. You will pay double fees: first the u$s 30 to wire the money to your bank account, and then approximately u$s 40 to your local bank account to receive the funds (Which is really stupid right? Why am I being charged to receive? I am giving you money to play with!).

I heard PayPal is even worse when it comes to fees, but I may be wrong. Don't take my word.

This is the information I got when I called up my local ICBC branch.  Check the link below: scroll down to "Movimientos de fondos" and see "Giros y transferencias"

http://www.icbc.com.ar/wps/wcm/connect/edc750004f711b18904ef444f92dcfcc/catalogocomisionesicbc.pdf?M... 

I quote UpWork's support:

• U.S. Dollar Wire Transfer ($30 per transfer, plus incoming fees at some banks)

Source: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063738-Access-Your-Earnings

Andrea M Member Since: Jul 27, 2016

Yes, its an absolute nonsens banks charge you to receive the money.

Thank you Ariel! very helpful!

Frequent Visitor
Ariel F Member Since: Jul 28, 2016

But then again, maybe transferring funds makes sense if you transfer a substantial amount which makes it worth the high fees.

If you have any other ideas please share!

Ace Contributor
Alfonsina S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015

Hola! Has somebody tried making Factura E from AFIP? how does it work? I´m not sure how to make invoces for services done here at upwork.

Thanks!!

Ace Contributor
Alfonsina S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015

Another question...has smebody tried to link a local bank for payment method? 

Frequent Visitor
Sol C Member Since: Nov 17, 2016

Same question here!!! For me it's urgent, luckily the income is big and I need it to live on a daily basis. 

I'm on monotributo, everything ok... but making the E invoice is killing me... specially the tax id/ name / address of the clients

Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor
Fernando G Member Since: Sep 27, 2016

Hello alfonsina. I'm an accountant, if you walt contact me and I'll try to help you.

Regards

Fernando

Frequent Visitor
Leonardo S Member Since: Jan 25, 2017

Hi, I'm in Buenos Aires and have recently created an Upwork account. I haven't set up my payment method yet, but before doing so I'd like to know if conditions concerning this topic have changed here in Argentina since the last posts.

From what I could gather, Payoneer still remains the easiest option when it comes to withdrawing our earnings. Does anyone know if Payoneer charges a commission for uses other than withdrawal from an ATM? For example, if I purchase an item from a store.

I also read by November 2016 that PayPal was looking into officializing their presence here in Argentina, but afterwards there have been no more news about this. It'd be nice to know if someone has any more insight on the likelihood of this happening.

Also, has anyone had any experience adding their earnings from Upwork to their tax declarations?

Thanks in advance,

Leo S.

Frequent Visitor
Gonzalo A Member Since: Feb 12, 2017

Hi,

do you have any news regarding Paypal making their presence official in Argentina?.

Do you use paypal? , do you know if paypal is a better option than payoneer?

thanks,

Gonzalo

Frequent Visitor
Sol C Member Since: Nov 17, 2016

Fernando I can't reach you on private message!