This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment method Argentina

Julio G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi Pablo 

The swift code is available in home banking and I also talk with anyone at the bank because they never will give you the simple and free way to make this work.

What I do is just google "Santander Rio Argentina Swift Code" and get a page like this one: https://www.theswiftcodes.com/argentina/page/2/  

There is the swift code for Santander Rio: BSCHARBA

And this is the one I add in the Upwork payment settings.

What they do is use a local service that made a deposit to your CBU, so I guess SWIFT code is not used at all, but just in case it is good to fill the form the correct one.

Have in mind they give you will receive ARS with a bad exchange rate (around 5% less than market price)  and will need to pay 1% extra for "Impuesto al cheque"

Regards,

Julio.

Frequent Visitor
Gabriela P Member Since: Mar 15, 2017

Hi everyone,

So a few weeks ago I added the new payment method (my HSBC bank account), but yesterday I release a payment and it went directly to my Payoneer account. Does anybody know how to make my bank account the "primary" paying method? 

Also, I've been trying to remove the Payoneer account and I can't.

Thanks!!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Gabriela,

I've checked and see your Direct to Local Bank is set as your primary payment method. Could you please confirm if you made this change following the latest withdrawal?

In order to remove your Payoneer account, you'll need to contact Payoneer CS, ask them to disassociate your Upwork and Payoneer accounts, and follow up with our Customer Support team to complete the process.

Frequent Visitor
Gabriela P Member Since: Mar 15, 2017

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, I did the change following the latest withdrawal!

Thanks for the information about Payoneer Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017

Hi! so I just wanted to share my experience on doing the Direct to local Bank/ making the factura.

The deposit was made in 24hs. and as Julio said the bank Santander Río didn´t charge anything.

Now other people (on another forum) made me realize that the depositor´s name "Deposito Efvo T.autoserv. Suc xxx" means that some anonymous made a cash deposit on a Santander Río´s ATM also if this was an international SWIFT transfer the bank would charged 80USD .

So I´m worried what AFIP may think of this... Does someone knows how the transfer is made?

Also I tried to make the factura, but I have electronic factura so if any inconsistent thing appears Afip wouldn´t allow you to make it. So this happen:

-when I put "consumidor final" it said I had to add the client cuit/adress/data as it was more than $1000 (pesos)

-My client does not have an argetinian cuit number and it didn´t let me do the factura without this, so I change "consumidor final" for "cliente del exterior"

-Then I add the client data (I don´t have any data of my real clients here on Upwork) so I wrote the Upwork´s adress and company name (I know is wrong but I was just trying to see if it worked) you have to add the country´s cuit and there´s a list there where you can search for it, so I add the one that said "eeuu persona jurídica" but before I could finish a message appeared saying that, that client is not registered by afip or IVA.

So I couldn´t find a way to make the factura C and all that leads me to the conclusion that we have to do factura E (exportación de servicios)

What do you think?

Cheers

Maximiliano Sebast R Member Since: Nov 29, 2016

Luciana, 

That's the most effective way of getting paid actually as it isn't traceable back - I'm actually 'happy' that this is the way of depositing that they are using as its 'cleaner'.

About the AFIP just ask your accountant, perhaps you just need to create a few invoices for the same client to justify the sourcing.

Thanks for posting this up, its really useful!

Frequent Visitor
Sant R Member Since: May 28, 2017

A friend says you can declare the factura with the CUIT: 11-11111111-3 thats the Cuit number for "Consumidor Final", Haven't really checked with an accountant but if you go to a supermarket or something the cuit that says "Consumidor final" is that one, I guess thats the number you can put. 

Fernando R Member Since: Mar 30, 2017

Is there anyone with other Bank besides Santander that could try successfully this new method? For what I´ve seen the other persons had some troubles? I have Itau and I would like to make sure that it will work.

Thanks

Ace Contributor
Alfonsina S Member Since: Oct 10, 2015

Itau is terrible. I went asking for the international transfer and they even didn't know they SWIFT code - kept me waiting a half hour until a printed pdf from 2014 came to my hand, with no further explanation of what to do. When asked about time for the deposit they said 20 to 30 days...so nop, they have no clue.

I believe another option are: HSBC, Frances, and Galicia in case you don´t like Santander. 
Not sure if they are good but they do know the steps and clear information needed to work with Comex. 

Fernando R Member Since: Mar 30, 2017

I went to ITAU to ask how to withdraw the money and I need to fill a form, show the invoice, they charge me ARS 39.10 per transaction and then, they release the founds... Is it possible that Santander doesn´t ask for anything? Because preventing money laundry law are the same for all banks. If you are sure you don´t have to do all this I´ll change Bank.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS