This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment method Argentina

Maximiliano Sebast R Member Since: Nov 29, 2016

Fernando,

I'm going to test ICBC next week, and will post my findings.

In your case, do you have to go each time you need to receive a new deposit?

Fernando R Member Since: Mar 30, 2017

Unfortunately yes, so I´ll try to put some dollars together before transferring to make it worth the effort.

Julio G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi Fernando

I use Santander Rio to whitdraw without any issues.

I never talk with anyone at the bank because they never will give you the simple and free way to make this work Smiley Happy

What I do is just google "Santander Rio Argentina Swift Code" and get a page like this one: https://www.theswiftcodes.com/argentina/page/2/

There is the swift code for santander: BSCHARBA

Then I just setup the payment method in Upwork where my name is exactly the same than the bank account.

When upwork approve the added account I transfer a small amount  (I dont remember but was somehting like 20USD) and cross fingers.

After a few days I get a deposit in my account for around USD 20 in ARS.

I suggest you do the same using the Itau Swift code 

Hope this works for you too.

Regards,

Julio.

Hi All

As I say in previous posts I do bank withdraw to my Santander Río account.

A few weeks ago I got a Paypal marketing email announcing bank withdraws too.

They do it using Nubi as internmediary. I test and works fine. The process takes almos 1 week, but in the meantime you get several emails about the payment process status.

This service have a commission and the exchange rate is a little worst than using upwork's bank whitdraw but is a good alternative if you have issues setting up the account since no SWIFT code needed.

Also usefull if you get payments directly in Paypal.

Hope this helps you to get your money.

Regards,

Julio. 

Frequent Visitor
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017

Hi everyone!

For the one´s who are asking their banks about the international transfers, I think you shouldn´t worry, because if you use the Direct to local bank payment method, the transfer is made locally, not by a SWIFT transfer (I don´t know why they ask for your swift bank code)

I told my experience on a previous post on this same thread if you want more information, but that´s the reason why santander rio didn´t charge or ask me anything. The depositor of the money appeared as: "Deposito Efvo T.autoserv. Suc xxx" that means that someone made a cash deposit on my account at a Santander Rio sucursal here in Buenos Aires. I even asked this to Upwork support and they told me that there was like a "local payment processor" who did the deposit.

So if you wanted to do this kind of transfer don´t worry about asking your bank, unless Upwork only uses the local transfer with santander rio and not with the other banks, but in that case I think they would told, and also, I think this is the reason they can charge only $0,99 per transfer.

I hope it helped!

Hi guys,

I have set up the Arg bank account information last week, made a withdrawal the 15th and received the money today, regardless of the weekend, it was faster than expected! 

I have ICBC, and the deposit is shown as "399 DEP.EFVO C/REC" with a rate of 14.91. Hadn't to do anything else on my side either!

Mauricio A Member Since: Apr 19, 2017

Hi Maximiliano,

Up until now, I've been getting paid via Payoneer but my card is about to expire so I'm planning to start getting paid via my Argentinean bank - BBVA Frances. 

Did you receive USD or AR$? The Upwork settings say "Deposit to your local bank account in ARS" But I rather have USD.

Also when I went to my bank's site to get the SWIFT code it says that i I want USD I should put the intermediate bank. Was this the same for you?

Thank you,

Mauricio

Hi Mauricio, I received pesos.

If you want to receive dollars you will have to do a transfer from a US bank account to the Argentinian one.

For Upwork, just put your SWIFT there and CBU and you are pretty much done, for dollars its another story.

Frequent Visitor
Cristian A Member Since: Aug 4, 2017

Hi, Maximiliano!

I've been calling different banks here in Argentina and they have told me that for receiving the money from a foreign company in my account in pesos, they would charge me USD 50 per transaction! Is that so?
I don't know how Upwork manages the transfer. Is it a local transfer? I mean, the money I would receive, does it come from a foreign bank or from a bank in Argentina that works with Upwork? If it is a local transfer, I imagine there won't be any charges from my bank.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Cristian

I receive payments for a while using the withraw to bank account option and whats happens is always the same: I receive the money by a direct account deposit trhough an ATM.

That means, some person goes to a sucursal of my bank (Santander Rio) and put the money in an envelope to my account. I see it as "Deposito en efectivo en terminal de autoservicio",  So no extra charges are applied.

Hope this info helps you.

Regards,

Julio.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS