This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment method Argentina

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Mauricio,

If you'd like to withdraw your funds in USD, please consider using the Wire Transfer option. You can find more information about the fees and timing for these withdrawals here.

Frequent Visitor
Carolina P Member Since: Jun 18, 2017

Hello everybody!!

I am new and trying to understand how I should be ready to get paid. 

After reading all your posts I believe the wire transfer to any local bank works fine because is a local transfer right? adn we got ARS.

Now I am wondering about taxes, we must be MONOTRIBUTISTAS and make a Factura C  everytime we receive a transfer to our bank acount? is that correct?

Do our clients need our Facturas,? That is why we should do a Factura E (Electronica) ?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

cheers

Diego S Member Since: Jun 2, 2016

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Julio G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi Carolina

1. Yes: We receive a local banck account deposit in ARS

2. Yes. We as MONOTRIBUTISTAS can create a new Factura C for each deposit received in our account (this is what I do for Upwork and also for PayPal withdraws with the advise of an accountant)

3. If your clients needs a Factura what to do will depends on your customer country taxes legislation. For a few ones a scanned Factura C will be enough. Other only needs some paper where you bill them and not need to be related to your AFIP information. Also maybe some on needs Factura E here, but will depends on each case.

Hope the information helps you.

Regards,

Julio.

Frequent Visitor
Belen P Member Since: Jun 28, 2018

Hola Luciana,

¿Cómo estás?

Leí que recibiste un pago de Upwork en tu cuenta de Santander Rio.

Me explicarías como fue el proceso? Estoy averiguando si me conviene hacerme una cuenta en Payoneer para cobrar el trabajo o directamente seleccionar la opcion de "Direct to local bank". 

Averigüé en Santander, y me cobran como el 25% + IVA por recibir un pago en dólares.

Y ahora leo que a vos te depositaron directamente en pesos, por medio de un "local payment processor", verdad? Lo recibiste así más de una vez? La cotización del dólar es bastante inferior a la que ofrecen los bancos argentinos?

Agradezco mucho tu ayuda,

Saludos,

Belén

Frequent Visitor
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017

Hi Belén!

I'll answer you before they delete your message (we have to post in english in this forum, at least last time I posted was like that)

Yes, I used "Direct to local bank" many times, and the cost was only $0,99. But as you said the dolar rate is very low (today is 25,3 for example) you can check today´s rate when you edit your prefered payment method. 

The deposit is always in pesos, so you don´t need to tell your bank anything. In your bank account will look as if someone did a cash (pesos) deposit on an ATM. 

Haven´t tried the other methods. I asked for the Payoneer card and got it, but never fully understood what the exact costs were.

Hope It helped!

Matias C Member Since: Mar 6, 2019

Hi Luciana!

I'm new at upwork and I also have Santander Río, but I don't know if I should put the method payment as "direct to local bank" cause a friend of mind that works in the bank told me that the rates that I would have to pay for any foreign transfer would be very high. But in this post you said that this option is like if somebody did a cash (pesos) deposit on an ATM into your bank account; as if it was a local transfer. Is that correct? Do you have any idea if it is still like that?

I hope you can reply to me, thank you very much.

Frequent Visitor
Hi!
Yes, that's correct it appears as a cash deposit in pesos (so the bank
doesn't charge you anything), you can check the daily rate in "Get Paid"
after adding that payment method clicking on the 3 points button that
appears at the side and clicking edit, and there it shows you the rate.
Now, for example, it's 37.1641 . Upwork charges you US$1 for the
transaction.
Other good method is the payoneer card, that's like having an account in
dollars and you can use it as a credit card and pay in every shop/online
and the rate is way better cause your money remains in dollars. You can
also extract cash in pesos from an ATM but in this case there's more feeds
and there's a limit I think of $4700 (pesos). But never did an extraction.
You can also transfer dollars from payoneer to you santander rio dollars
account.

Hope I didn't confuse you more lol

Frequent Visitor
Samuel R Member Since: Mar 3, 2019

Hi Luciana, I'm a foreign freelancer in Argentina and this may seem an obvious question but, I have a santander Rio account as well, and there is a form for the bank to "release" the money, do I need to go to the bank every time I need to receive the money? Are you using Factura E naming UPWORK GLOBAL INC? any automatic tax for Arba IIB?

Frequent Visitor
No, (with the direct to local bank method) you shouldn't go to
the bank for them to release the money, it will look just like a deposit
in cash(pesos) made at an ATM
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS