This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment method Argentina

Frequent Visitor
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017
No, (with the direct to local bank method) you shouldn't go to
the bank for them to release the money, it will look just like a deposit
in cash(pesos) made at an ATM
Jonathan A Member Since: Oct 12, 2018
Hello there!
I suggest you to have a personal PayPal account, more easy and secure, also you can buy through PayPal securely.
Once you have the PayPal account, provide the payment method on Upwork…go to overview page and if the you have balance available to withraw to your PayPal account click on “Get paid” link and up ther choose PayPal as payment method. Hope this help you.
Sabrina L Member Since: Jul 26, 2017

Hi everyone!

Has anyone of you tried with Banco Galicia for "local bank payment"?

Ive tried and i receive this message:

"Thank you for applying for Local Currency Wire. Unfortunately, this bank is not currently supported. Please select another withdrawal option"

I dont know if Im using a wrong swift code.

Thanks!

Diego S Member Since: Jun 2, 2016

Hi, does anybody knows what is the best way to receive dollars in Argentina without losing a lot of money in the process?

The Paypal -> Nubi -> Bank method is absurdly expensive. The Upwork -> Bank method has a limit of 3000USD / transaccion and I don't know how much does it cost. I'm currently doing Payoneer -> Bank (ARS) -> Bank (USD) and I found that this is the cheaper method. I'm selling my dollars and buying them again and losing about the 4.2% of the money, a little less than what I'd have lost using Nubi.

I went to Banco Macro because they now have Paypal -> Bank without cost until ends of october but I don't know how much would it cost after October and the account costs 500ARS / month.

Thanks

Diego S Member Since: Jun 2, 2016

Sorry for the typo in the title

Julio G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi Diego

I usually use Upwork -> Bank Account. If they have a limite of 3K you can do more than 1 transaction and still will be better than Payoneer -> Bank Account

Here the today's exchange rates for whitdraws.

Payonner Exchange rate

1.00 USD = 16.7212 ARS

Upwork Exchange rate:
1.00 USD = 16.9913 ARS
Upwork fee: 0,99 USD per transaction

Also move your founds from Upwork to Payonner cost you 2USD per transaction.

So even if you need to do more than one Upwork withdraw of 3K the money you get in your Bank account will be more than using Payonner.

Frequent Visitor
Diego W Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Do you know which banks are supported? And shall we generate an invoice from AFIP site in USD?

I'm from Argentina too.

Hi Diego

I using Santander Rio and Banco Nacion to receive Upwork, Payoneer or Paypal (Nubi) withdraws. In all the cases I receive it in ARS, so no need to generate invoices in USD. Also is a local deposit in your bank account so no need to create an export Invoice neither. 

Under my accountant advise I just create Factura C to "Consumidor Final". 

Hope the information helps you.

Regards,

Julio.

Frequent Visitor
Carolina P Member Since: Jun 18, 2017

Hello Julio,

thanks for all your answers, it helps a lot,,,

I have one more question,,, is your account at BAnco Nacion, a regular Caja de Ahorro en Pesos??

thanks in advance,

cheers,

Hi Carolina

Yes, I have a "Caja de Ahorro en Pesos"

Hope you can start receiving your money soon!

Regards,

Julio.