This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Payment method Argentina

Julio G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Thanks Maximiliano! good to know Smiley Happy

Mariano M Member Since: Nov 10, 2017

Has anyone transfer the money to a US dollars account in Argentina? 

Frequent Visitor
Agustin P Member Since: Feb 5, 2018

I will try tomorrrow to use Wire Transfer (Direct to my USD Caja Ahorro), i used the ICBC Swift Code, etc, i was using direct to local bank but im kind of tired to the low exchange rate, so i will try this tomorrow, it cost 30USD wich is cheapier than what i lost with the exchange rate.

I hope it work...

Frequent Visitor
Luciana E Member Since: Feb 14, 2017

Hi! I thought that with that method, you would pay 30USD plus the bank commission for the international transfer (In Santander Rio was between 60usd/80usd I think). Can you tell us how it went? thanks!

Frequent Visitor
Sandra P Member Since: Aug 3, 2018

Hi, I think this is the best payment method because, in the link below, you apply for a Mastercard debit card which is linked to a bank account in the US. Steps are very easy to follow and once you have your Mastercard you will be able to receive money in your bank account and then you can make purchases at any shop that accepts Mastercard. You will also be able to extract money from ATMs. Believe me, if you are from Argentina, there is no better way.

Frequent Visitor
Virginia M Member Since: Oct 16, 2018

Hi Julio!

First, thank you for all the information provided.

Second, after resuming all the info i collected from the forums, i want to ask you if at the end the best choice is: upwork--> direct to local bank in ARS, when the payment is <= 1000 pesos i can do a Factura C to consumidor final, and when is greater than 1000 pesos i must do an Exportation bill (E)

That way mentioned, i keep things legal and is the cheapiest way to get the payment, is that correct?

thank you very much!

Virginia

Julio G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015

Hi Virginia

I guess now paper Factura C is not available for everyone, that depends on your AFIP category.

I am creating Factura E for each payment right now and usually using Nubi (tunubi.com)

I suggest looking for an accountant at least to set up things. Factura E is IIBB tax exempt (for now...)  but Factura C not, so you need to pay IIBB.

Upwork direct to a local bank in ARS exchange rate is really bad (around 6% less than the market) and they do a deposit through an ATM so the bank discounts you 1% in the concept of "impuesto al cheque".

Nubi rate is of around 4.5%, no extra charges, and you can get USD.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Julio.

Frequent Visitor

thank you very much Julio, i will search for nubi and its options.

Regards!

Virginia

Ace Contributor
Jose Alberto G Member Since: Dec 6, 2016

Virginia:

There is no limit on invoices of more or less than 1000$

The limit is yearly and you should consult an accountant for this. 

The difference is not between Invoice E or C but between being "monotributista" or "responsable inscripto.

I understand (not being an accountant)  that these are the boundaries for being monotributista

http://www.afip.gob.ar/monotributo/categorias.asp

I think we could only be up to Category H 

That means that we should not earn more than 896043,90 $ in a year (and depending on that value there are several categories inside monotributista)

That's the difference between monotributista (cheap and almost no administrative effort) or responsable inscripto (21 % of each invoice / less a % of what you spend / more a lot of other presentations and taxes). Monotributista is only (Today) up to 896043.90 pesos argentinos yearly. More than that it should be only "responsable inscripto"

As Julio states invoce C or E depends on your customer. 

Monotributista -> Argentine customer in Argentina : Invoice C (it pays IIBB - Ingresos Brutos)

Monotributista -> Foreign Customer in another country : Invoice E (Export Services does not pay IIBB)

I expect this is clear for you. 

About which is the best or cheap I prefer not to mention because I think it depends in confidence on the Provider, where is the office, how many invoices and which value, and how time consuming is each option.  I didn't take time to make that evaluation. 

What I mention is about personal experience (making mistakes in the process) and I am not professional in that. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jose, very clear your message thank you for your response!

Now i will explore the differents options of getting paid to compare.

Regards!

Virginia