This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: San Diego: Top Rated and Rising Talent Meetups

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015

Meet your San Diego Upwork Ambassador, Dana Rowley

Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers located in Southern California, we’re excited to introduce you to Dana Rowley, your Upwork Ambassador in San Diego.

Dana.jpg

“I’m a marketing and brand strategist that’s earned Top Rated status on Upwork. Upwork has played a large role in focusing my business as a freelance marketer. I really do believe that the ability to align the best person with each project helps companies get the best outcome, while also empowering people to make a living off their strengths. I’m really excited to connect and support the Upwork community in my hometown of San Diego! I look forward to helping the Upwork talent in this area focus their efforts, earn more work and enable us to all learn from each other – and maybe vent about freelancer frustrations and have some fun too! I look forward to meeting you.”  

-- Dana, Upwork Ambassador in San Diego

Dana will be inviting you to events in San Diego, where you can meet other freelancers in and around San Diego to share best practices, hear from experts on relevant topics, and get your questions answered.  The invites will be sent to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers via e-mail. 

Use this Community forum thread to stay in touch with freelancers you meet at local events, share feedback and photos, and to reach out to Dana with any questions. 

Untitled
7 REPLIES 7
Frequent Visitor
Ashlee P Member Since: Nov 28, 2018

I'm definitely interested in the end of the year meetup but I work full time in addition to my freelance work and I don't think I could get there until about 6p. How late will this event run? Would it still be worth it for me to attend?

Local Representative
Dana R Local Representative Member Since: Apr 25, 2019

I Ashlee, not sure how I missed this message, but with all of our events, you're welcome to get there when you can Smiley Happy

Best, 

Dana

Frequent Visitor
Juan D Member Since: Apr 22, 2019

Hello Lena, I apologize for posting this on your message but this is the only way I 've been abel to submitt any questions to upWork. I have tried other comunities, chat bot, etc. I hope someone in the comunity can shed some light and -if lucky- I can have upWork staff taking notice.

I have been involved in technology and developing applications my whole life. When I heard of upWork I got so excited to found a place where any business can look for talented and serious freelancers.

For several days now I have been trying to get my application to join accepted. In all cases I have been denied but the email acompanying the decition gives no information beside "...we are unable to accept your Upwork freelancer registration at this time". There is no real reason or pointers on what is missing or what can I do for what I perceive to be a completely arbitrary decision with no good justification.

Looking at the posted jobs with my skills I always find that I have the right knowledge, experience and skills to carry the vast majority of them. This makes me wonder if the approval decision is more random than based in demand, skills, price ranges, etc.

Any insigth or constructive comments are appreciated (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01f5af7c358ff4877c/)

Thak you

Highlighted
Local Representative

Hi Juan, 

I'm not sure I understand your question?  You mention "getting your application to join" accepted and mention that you're having issues with your Upwork freelancer registration, but you included a link to your profile and it looks as if you are up and running in the Upwork marketplace and have achieved Rising Talent status....so is the issue getting your first project on Upwork?  Or is it an issue with getting registered with Upwork?  Depending on your answer, I can help put you in touch with the right people.

~Dana

Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018

In your profile, there appears "Not available until 07/14/2019"

Local Representative

I'm not seeing that Lucio...not sure what you're asking?

Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018

Your profile was shown as unavailable until 7/14. Now it is shown as no longer available.