This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Suspended

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Morgan Z Member Since: May 19, 2018

Hi,

Please help me!
My account has been suspended. so I have uploaded my ID and bill statement according to the message from the Upwork. After that, I have received the 'Your ID has been verified' message from the Upwork.
But I can't still submit my proposal to any job and didn't still dispear the message "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.".
Kindly check my account again and update my account so that I can get the active account again.

Please help me!
Morgan

8 REPLIES 8
Ace Contributor
Jose Alberto G Member Since: Dec 6, 2016

Hi Morgan:

See the link they gave you. "Contact Support"... It's a bit weird to find .. I don't know ... but there are options that give you access to chat.

I think that it is in the "Get Help" button on that screen.

In order, they read specifically your case and can tell you what it is exactly happening.

Go through the help Screens until you find how to chat with them. Or fill any form explaining the situation.

When you can chat they solve that kind of issues, or explain why you are suspended or by how many time.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Everyone!

I can't understand why my account has been suspended!

Please review my account and explain about it!

I don't know how to activate my account again.

Please help me!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Morgan

Ace Contributor
Jose Alberto G Member Since: Dec 6, 2016

Go to help and ask in the chat.

They tell you what happened

Frequent Visitor

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reaching out to me!
I have uploaded my ID and bill statement. After that, I have received the message 'Your ID has been verified'.
But My account has been still suspended. So I can't submit my proposal.

Can you please check my account?

Thanks,
Morgan

Frequent Visitor
Foisal Khan A Member Since: Mar 11, 2019

Chat is not available. How Can i chat ?

Frequent Visitor
Muhammad J Member Since: Feb 25, 2019

Hi Jose,

My account has been suspended due to submitting higher number of proposals. 

Please kindly review my case because I really want to work with upwork so please its a request. It was a mistake and it will never happen again.

here is the link to my community question:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Asia-Pacific/Can-Upwork-give-a-chance-to-someone-with-suspended-prof...

Please do review my case again.

Frequent Visitor
Konstantin K Member Since: Dec 26, 2017

Someone have to say it...this is letter from my friend, his account was suspended.

>>>
Hello Upwork team

You know, your web service is good in general. But one thing is BAD, it's your policy of suspending accounts. I did many proposals last time, because there are not so many good clients actually, some of them looking developers who will work almost for free. By this reason I have to make more proposals than let's say 3 years ago. Is it my fail? No. But which account was blocked?

The main thing which may help you to decrease of community discontent is "STOP accounts suspending"!
Even you think that someone doing wrong, please, start from an email/notification/alert and then discuss.
But now you are doing like, you take a throw a criminal into jail without any court of justice. Are you sure he is a criminal?

That isn't the democracy way!
<<<

PS: my friend don't want to continue working on Upwork at all, because he lost all his results here for few last years.

Frequent Visitor
Fredrik G Member Since: Oct 4, 2018

Hello, 

I am getting the following message on my Upwork profile's home page:

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

When I click on the link attached to "here", I am getting redirected back to the same page with the same message. Instead of redirecting back to the same page, I should be able to contact to Upwork Support but that's not the case.

When I try to click "contact customer support" link, it behaves same and redirects back to the home page with the first message. I have no idea how could I contact customer support in such a situation. I feel like there is something wrong with Upwork, may be a technical issue. Because in any case, one should be able to contact support to have help or resolution.

I have not received any email or anything about this.

I cannot create a  new ticket or message a moderator her in the community.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred