This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Transaction fees to Mexico

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Oscar C Member Since: Oct 21, 2018

Hello upwork colleagues, I am located in Mexico and I have a doubt about using the direct payment to a local bank account.

Upwork states that it charges only $.99usd, but Mexican banks say that they also charge fees for receiving international transactions (up to $30usd). These are really high and I'd not like to risk paying a second fee to have my money.

Anyone here in LATAM that have used direct withdrawal and can confirm if banks charge this international transaction fee in addition to the $.99?

1 REPLY
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011

@Oscar C wrote:

Upwork states that it charges only $.99usd, but Mexican banks say that they also charge fees for receiving international transactions (up to $30usd). These are really high and I'd not like to risk paying a second fee to have my money.

Anyone here in LATAM that have used direct withdrawal and can confirm if banks charge this international transaction fee in addition to the $.99?

The whole pint of local funds transfer is that the money comes in local currency from a local bank in your country. You do get a not-so-great exchange rate though.