This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: when will I have more connects?

Frequent Visitor
Ivan Q Member Since: Dec 13, 2017

Hi, I am a bit confused, last month my connects were renewed on the 18th but this time my connects were not renew again and to be honest I am a bit afraid, a few weeks ago I tried to report a suspicious client and I got an email from Upwork telling me that I was not going to be able to apply for jobs anymore. Fortunately, I tried submitting proposals and someone hired me but now that my connects are not being renewed I am afraid, am I not going to be able to keep applying for more jobs? I did not do anything wrong, please help.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015

@Ivan Q wrote:

Hi, I am a bit confused, last month my connects were renewed on the 18th but this time my connects were not renew again and to be honest I am a bit afraid, a few weeks ago I tried to report a suspicious client and I got an email from Upwork telling me that I was not going to be able to apply for jobs anymore. Fortunately, I tried submitting proposals and someone hired me but now that my connects are not being renewed I am afraid, am I not going to be able to keep applying for more jobs? I did not do anything wrong, please help.

Thank you

Hi Ivan,

It looks like you were able to articulate your feelings well.  It is, indeed, scary to be unable to look for work.  But I guess the principle behind such a phenomenon is "proper work ethics" -- that we get to finish one contract at a time and that our client is satisfied when he/she decides to terminate our life support system.  That way, we will be able to build a reputation that we are finishers.  I think clients need to have that assurance.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015

Hi Ivan, 

I checked your Membership & Connects page, and can see that you have already received your 60 connects for your Current Billing Cycle - Feb 18, 2018 to Mar 17, 2018. Once this billing cycle is up, your connects will refresh on March 18, 2018, and will refresh on the 18th of every month. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Atiksha T Member Since: Jan 26, 2018

Hello Ivan,

Hope your issue has been solved till the date, if not.

Please make sure that you have completed the basic upwork verification. 

Many time this issue has been faced by the freelancer for verifying their profile. 

Please verify once if not and start working once again.

Best Wishes

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS