cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: the beneficiary name is mismatched

Juan Pablo Z Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
51 of 327

Hello, my Paypal payment method was deactivated. It says my name is mismatched, but it does match in both accounts.
Could you please help me to reactivate it? Thank you.

Highlighted
Abi B Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
52 of 327

Hi Goran,

I am having the same mismatch problem because my PayPal account is under my business name. Can someone assist with helping me resolve this too? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Abi

Highlighted
Aileen C Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
53 of 327

Same problem here. Already asked for help to the support team, but I'm really worried about this. I've been using paypal as my only payment method for years. I'm a verified Top Rated and it is very annoying that now my method is suspended only because my Upwork user is First Name + Last Name, and my Paypal user is First Name + Middle Name + Last Name. I tried to change my Upwork user name to match Paypal's, but now everything is "on hold". Really don't know what to do. 

Highlighted
Serge I Member Since: Aug 16, 2017
54 of 327

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem because of different languages. How can I fix it?

Highlighted
Ognjen V Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
55 of 327

hi! i have same name on my paypal and upwork profiles, but upwork doesnt seem to recognize it for some reason. please help

Highlighted
Dmitriy A Member Since: Nov 1, 2018
56 of 327

Hi! I have same error. Paypal has patronymic and all on cyrillic.

Highlighted
Mohamed E Member Since: Mar 30, 2020
57 of 327

hi , please could you help me ? , i have the same problem , aftee more than 8 months using my baypal , using an account , the link stopped and  now it says , 

The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account

may payoal  has the same name of my family ,

, so what is wrong ? .

thank you in advance . 

kind regards . 

mo .

Highlighted
Régis Z Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
58 of 327

Hi there,

Just like many other freelancers, I'm facing this mismatch problem between my Upwork and PayPal accounts. My name is exactly in both, but the system does not accept my account since this verfication rule has been imposed.

Could you please review this issue for me?

Best Regards,

Régis Zangirolami

Highlighted
Jesus P Member Since: Aug 17, 2018
59 of 327

Hello, today I received an email telling me that I must add and connect my paypal account with upwork. I did that and now I received a message that the name doesn't match. I need you to double-check this since I have my full name on Paypal, and also since I am Venezuelan my name has accents that are not used in US. Can anyone help me with this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Eladio G Member Since: Feb 3, 2018
60 of 327

Hi,

I was recently asked to relink my PayPal account to my Upwork profile. Now it says the name is mismatched since I did not use my full name here on Upwork (whereas it was required on PayPal).

Therefore,  I can't withdraw my funds through PayPal.

And, while in the error box it says "The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required. You can try adding another payment method to resolve this." There's an alert box displaying "Payment method verification in progress." as well.

Should I change my name here on Upwork to my full name or simply wait for support to contact me? (In case they do.)

Thanks in advance,

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS