Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Paypal

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
71 of 326

Pandora, I think Paypal is indeed verifying their account holders.  I have a bunch of subscriptions and they are slowly asking me to link my Paypal.  Given what's going on in the world these days, it's probably good business.  I have a d/b/a on my Paypal along with my name and that didn't seem to present a problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
72 of 326

Mary W wrote:

Pandora, I think Paypal is indeed verifying their account holders.  I have a bunch of subscriptions and they are slowly asking me to link my Paypal.  Given what's going on in the world these days, it's probably good business.  I have a d/b/a on my Paypal along with my name and that didn't seem to present a problem.

Thanks for your reply, Mary. I guess that more of these will be coming my way. Oh goody, more **bleep**e I gotta do.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
73 of 326

PayPal knows my middle name, UpWork does not have a place to inform it.

I didn't move forward in the setup because of so many errors with the same name.

On the other hand, I don't want PayPal to be my default method; I used it for special occasions, I can't use it in my country now. I need a prepaid credit card.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David M Member Since: Jul 12, 2015
74 of 326

I see you thought this one through, not only do you give freelancers 7 days to do this, you decide to implement it without warning or official announcements, then have to wait 3 days to be able to use the payment method, on the 30th of the month?

I'm guessing the decision makers don't pay bills at the end of the month like the majority of us!

Please extend the deadline, apologize for yet another poorly implemented update and endeavor to reduce the 3 day 'security' period to immediate, seeing as many of us have used the same PayPal for many years without issue!

Also if the next week all your staff are now inundadated with fixing this self created mess, please employ more to do the usual responding to flagged posts for unvetted clients and blatant TOS infringements!

Really not impressed....

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Emil H Member Since: Feb 19, 2011
75 of 326

I am receiving all my payments via my bank account. What happens if I do not link a PayPal account?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
76 of 326

Hi Emil,

If you don’t want to link your PayPal account to Upwork you do not have to do so. You can use any payment method available to freelancers in your country. To see your options, click here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
77 of 326

Thank you Valeria. Then who sent me the email "Action Needed: Update your PayPal info"

Highlighted
78 of 326

Emil,

You'd receive that email if you had a PayPal account set as a payment method on your Upwork account. When you originally added PayPal, you were not required to link your account with Upwork. To help ensure the safe transfer of your funds, we now need you to connect your PayPal account with Upwork. But you can just remove it as a payment method if you choose not to use it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
79 of 326

Valeria, thank you for your reply. Now that I solved the problem I don't know how to stop receiving so many emails from this discussion going on with other members

Highlighted
80 of 326

Hi Emil,

You should be able to unsubscribe from the thread by clicking the three dots next to the threads title and accessing the menu. You should see an option to unsubscribe. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS