Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

withdrawing way

ota
Oliver T Member Since: Aug 6, 2016
111 of 452

Hello, 

I just linked my paypal account to upwork and is now getting a message that it has been deactivated becasue name is mismatched.  I cannot figure out how this is being verified. 

I checked my name under upwork contact info and it matched the name on my paypal under profile.  Is it becasue its trying to match my paypal name to upwork profile name which only is showing my name and initial of last name? 

Appreciate if someone can help

alexey-gritsenko
Aleksei G Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
112 of 452

Dear friends! i get notification about my paypal acount that //The beneficiary name is mismatched.// but i entered my name in /upwork/ in English (as in my international passport ) and in Paypal i put my name in Russian (i filed all paypal forms according to their guidelines in 2016 ) , so what should i do with this situation? help me please because i dont understand now

thanks!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
113 of 452

Hi Aleksei,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Goran
Upwork
b7454658
Vadim K Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
114 of 452

hi I added my Bank account 

So I got this:
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account

How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
115 of 452

Hi Vadim,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

~ Goran
Upwork
kyrollos_samir
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
116 of 452

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I checked that both names are the same.

kevinkapaj
Kevin K Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
117 of 452
I got the same problem. How do I resolve this one?

Got no email for the reason it got limited or any privacy violation or anything at all.

I even verified my paypal account and got no balance to pay or any thing.

Can someone from the support team contact me?

mickey255
Marina E Member Since: Jun 24, 2020
118 of 452

hi,
i have my own paypal but upwork refuses it as withdraw because the name different although they have same email and full name
have any way to confirm that it belongs to me?? also, how can i talk to customer services and what is thr ticket mean

thanks

tom_l
Thomas L Member Since: May 30, 2015
119 of 452

Having the same issue this morning.

I have been on Upwork since 2008 using Tom Lindsay, my Paypal is Thomas Lindsay.

Please can we get on top of this as we obviously cannot use the Payoneer card now.

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
120 of 452

Hi everyone,

When reconnecting your PayPal account you will not be able to withdraw to the account until after a 3-day hold. If you need your funds right away, we recommend that you do not reconnect until after you withdraw those funds. We understand this is an inconvenience so we will not deactivate accounts that have not been reconnected until July 7th, giving you time to plan your withdrawals around this 3-day hold.

If you have received a name mismatch error when reconnecting your PayPal account, rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. To avoid a name mismatch error, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. If you haven't verified your name yet, to avoid further delay, be sure that your profile name matches the name on your PayPal account.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS