cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank-Account-Under-Different-Name (I have a problem with this) Please, i need help

groltik
Ilya P Member Since: Feb 20, 2020
121 of 458

Hello all. 

Have the same problem with Paypal.

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

But problem is that I created name Ilya Petrov a long time ago. Added Paypal, but my real name is Ilya Perepelitsa, it's in Paypal. On Upwork I changed name on Ilya Perepelitsa a long time ago and was Successfully verified.

But now Upwork sending to me email that beneficiary name is Ilya Petrov, but it's not correct.

And on Paypal I have russian name, russian language Перепелица Илья Петрович

tropicany
Ace Contributor
Maria P Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
122 of 458

I get a blank page after trying to connect my Upwork account to Paypal. I confirm my Paypal details, and when it tries to redirect me back to Upwork, it stops on a blank page. What to do?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
123 of 458

Hi Maria,

I see you've already submitted a support request about the issue you're having when linking your PayPal account. The team will assist you and help troubleshoot via that request directly as soon as possible. Meanwhile, could you please try linking your account using a different browser?

~ Valeria
Upwork
tropicany
Ace Contributor
Maria P Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
124 of 458

It worked, thank you.

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

I see you've already submitted a support request about the issue you're having when linking your PayPal account. The team will assist you and help troubleshoot via that request directly as soon as possible. Meanwhile, could you please try linking your account using a different browser?

robinparr
Robinson P Member Since: May 5, 2017
125 of 458

I miss the upwork from five years ago...

there was skrill as a payment method, it was easier to look for jobs with the famous "connects", well, it seems that Upwork forgets that it deals with independent professionals which we accepted to enter here to look for clients, with so few payment methods available now appears this requirement with Paypal that the name on the account must be the same as in upwork (in paypal I appear as Robinson Fernando Parraga) instead of improving, they do everything the other way around.

spalaum
Santiago P Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
126 of 458

Hello, as of now, after trying to relink the Upwork and Paypal accounts, the system tells me I have a mismatch in my name and deactivated the link between Paypal and Upwork. I have transfered between the accounts for many months without a problem. Now I don't how to solve this issue since my Paypal account has the same name and actually matches my Upwork account. Anybody knows how I can reach for help?

Thank you.

Santiago Palau

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
127 of 458

And this is yet another reason why many of us do not leave a cent on Upwork once we can take it out.

Been here a very long time and can count over 10 instances were "fund withdrawls" prevented people from withdrawing for a few days. It's beyond lame that telling us AFTER the email went out that we can wait until we get paid next time is lame. Not the mods fault either. Clearly this is one of many more little "updates" that are not "worth announcing" and they hope "no one will notice". Expect more of these to come.

ale-259
Alexa Vianet G Member Since: Apr 29, 2020
128 of 458

Hello everyone!
As you know, Upwork asked for an information update for freelancers who use paypal as a payment method.
I did what I was asked to do but I currently turn off this payment method because of an error on my behalf, as it was missing my middle name which I had updated in my contact information...
How do I solve this? Paypal is my only payment method, please need help on this!
Thanks a lot

rinatimmo
Rinat A Member Since: Sep 27, 2019
129 of 458

Hi Bojan

I have a similar problem when linking payment via paypal.
"Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. "

Perhaps the problem is that my name in PayPal is written in Cyrillic (Ринат Ахунзянов). 

In upwork - Rinat Akhunzyanov

What should I do now?

duocept
Nikita A Member Since: Jul 17, 2017
130 of 458

Same issue. Name in Upwork - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Name in PayPal in Cyrillic - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

And I can't change it in PayPal, because it verifide with local ID in Cyrillic

I sent message to support and waiting for possible solution

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS