cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PayPal VS Upwork name mismatch

Highlighted
Carla V Member Since: Jun 23, 2019
81 of 327
Why is the 3-day security hold informed only AFTER you complete the process? The email I received didn't mention it and none of the steps have this info either. I only found out about it after I completed process and needed to withdraw funds, and of course, I couldn't...
Highlighted
Jamal Y Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
82 of 327

I don't understand why Upwork keeps putting obstacles in freelancers' way..

Well, I have the same problem of name mismatching because of using my middle name in Paypal, and since I use Paypal as my exclusive available payment method, so I will not be able to receive payments till this problem is solved, and so I have paused my workstream till seeing what will happen next.

To be honest, such kind of surprises makes me not feeling safe or assured about my career as a freelancr depending mainly on Upwork to earn living. I am always thinking about what will be the next obstacle that Upwork will put in my way and I guess, one day, it will be an invincible obstacle that will end my journey with Upwork. 

Highlighted
Cyrus B Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
83 of 327

now my account is deactivated because i have a different name on my paypal? what do i do now? i have money to withdraw? 

Highlighted
Sherry Ann T Member Since: Aug 22, 2019
84 of 327

I have the same concern. I tried everything but it is still showing name mismatch. What should we do? I have been waiting for an email response but I am not getting anything.

Highlighted
Adam K Member Since: Jun 20, 2016
85 of 327

Hello.

Today I received an emal that I need to link my PayPal account with Upwork.
However, it was not possible, because a name mismatch in my surname.

On Upwork it is Kumancik and on PayPal it is Kumančík.
Can please somebody help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
86 of 327

Hi Adam,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Adam K Member Since: Jun 20, 2016
87 of 327

Hi Goran,
thanks for your answer.

Highlighted
Ronnie D Member Since: Dec 9, 2018
88 of 327

Hi Team Upwork....I am a old user of Upwork...I am a freelance designer here for a long timer .I was asked to verify my papal account today and I did but it shows that the beneficiary name is mismatched 

Can you please help me out!

Thank u so much in advance

Ronnie

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
89 of 327

Hi Ronnie and Gerald,

Please refer to the information I`ve shared in my previous post here. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Gerald H Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
90 of 327

I followed a link to the verification and got endlessly linked forth and back between paypal and upwork without any results. The way it is set up now seems not to work for me (Windows 10, names match) 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS