cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PayPal fails payment method verification

Highlighted
Alex K Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
101 of 384

I have paypal account with email address email1@mydomain.com. When I try link my Upwork account also with email address email1@mydomain.com and the exact same name as my Upwork, I recieve a notification that the PayPal account can't be verified as "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I don't understand this because a few month's ago I had the exact same Paypal account linked successfully to my Upwork profile as a payment method?? Please guide me how I can get my paypal account verified.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
102 of 384

Hi Alex,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Alex K Member Since: Jun 11, 2020
103 of 384

Thank you for your quick response! Will my understanding be correct as you will be reviewing this mismatch and manually matching the Paypal account with my Upwork account based on these information between these 2?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
104 of 384

Hi Alex,

While I can't advise on the specific process, rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors form our end as quickly as possible.

Highlighted
Oliver T Member Since: Aug 6, 2016
105 of 384

Hello, 

I just linked my paypal account to upwork and is now getting a message that it has been deactivated becasue name is mismatched.  I cannot figure out how this is being verified. 

I checked my name under upwork contact info and it matched the name on my paypal under profile.  Is it becasue its trying to match my paypal name to upwork profile name which only is showing my name and initial of last name? 

Appreciate if someone can help

Highlighted
Aleksei G Member Since: Sep 10, 2018
106 of 384

Dear friends! i get notification about my paypal acount that //The beneficiary name is mismatched.// but i entered my name in /upwork/ in English (as in my international passport ) and in Paypal i put my name in Russian (i filed all paypal forms according to their guidelines in 2016 ) , so what should i do with this situation? help me please because i dont understand now

thanks!

Highlighted
107 of 384

Hi Aleksei,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Vadim K Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
108 of 384

hi I added my Bank account 

So I got this:
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account

How can I resolve this issue?
Thanks

Highlighted
109 of 384

Hi Vadim,

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kyrollos S Member Since: Nov 15, 2019
110 of 384

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I checked that both names are the same.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS