cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Highlighted
Pabel H Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
11 of 327

I had the same problem for a few minutes. The mismatch error appeared, but later the message disappeared and I must wait for 3 days (July 4) to know if everything is ok. My PayPal and Upwork accounts have exactly the same name.

Thanks!

Ace Contributor
Joseph D Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
12 of 327

How is that possible? I have processed thousands of payments in Paypal and very few of them have someone's correct name as part of their email address. In fact, it is even not the norm. I don't even have an email with the name.

When asking to verify in Upwork and then use the same name in Paypal is to create another account. I now would have to manage 2 accounts after creating an email. 

How can I get Upwork to check my email address and keep my current PayPal address? 

Highlighted
Jendie Lyn B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
13 of 327

Hi, 

I've been using local bank transfer in withdrawing funds for 4 years, and paypal as my back up but never used it.  But why the local bank transfer not showing in my payments methods?  Is it because I need to update first my Paypal account. I haven't yet link any bank account and not yet verfied it, because I'm using local bank transfer.  

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 327

Hi Jendie,

I checked and your Direct to Local Bank payment method is still available here and you should be able to continue using it. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Eljun P Member Since: May 26, 2020
15 of 327

Hi Aleksandar,

I've read your message on paypal reconnect process and regarding the 3 day hold before able to withdraw funds. I have linked/reconnected my paypal on the 29th of June and should be the 3rd day on the 2nd of July however when I clcked on withdraw funds now it prompted paypal will activate on the 3rd of July. Please advise. Will it really take 4 days for some?

Thanks,

Eljun P

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 327

Hi Eljun,

It appears the difference is because of the time zone. Transactions on the site are registered in UTC and it looks like you've added your payment method on Jun 30 in that timezone. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Charlene I Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
17 of 327

The Name on my PayPal and my UpWork are the same, but after reconnecting them, it says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Also, my PayPal and my UpWork accounts are on the same email, you would think that helps. What am I supposed to do now??

-C
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 327

Hi Charlene,

Rest assured that we are currently reviewing and processing name mismatch errors as quickly as possible. Apologies for the delay.

Untitled
Highlighted
Yuri V Member Since: Jul 5, 2020
19 of 327

Alexander, 

I have mismatch with paypal because my name in russian language. What you suggest to do?

Thanks

Yuri

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 327

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked and see you've updated your PayPal payment method recently and it's currently subjected to the standard hold period any time a payment method is added to an account. This hold stays in place for three calendar days to ensure your account security. Having your name on your PayPal account added in a different format shouldn't be an issue and your PayPal account should become active in three days. Feel free to follow up here if you need further assistance once the three-day period expires.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS