cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Action Needed for Freelancers to Update PayPal info

Marites O Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
21 of 327

Exactly! In the last 5years I never had a problem using my Paypal. Even transferring money from Upwork to Paypal... Is Upwork's web security is at risk? What's scary is that Upwork is redirecting us to our Paypal account and asking us for our passwords, you think that's not scary. Scammers do that, they send you a link then asked for your passwords and next thing you know, you lost all your money! Upwork, please explain to us first why??? Why are you doing this???

Highlighted
Ibrahim E Member Since: Mar 30, 2016
22 of 327

Toatlly agree. This does not make any sense. 

Highlighted
Michelle C Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
23 of 327
Dear Michelle,
We are writing today because we need you to update your Upwork payment information.

Specifically, you need to link your PayPal account to Upwork so that you can continue to use it to receive your earnings. Please complete this update for all financial accounts below by July 7, 2020 to avoid any payment interruptions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
24 of 327
I got the same email and don't understand it. My PP acc has been linked to Upwork for some time now so what exactly do they want?
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David M Member Since: Jul 12, 2015
25 of 327

It's quite strange that there's no mention of this on the Official Announcements page.

Please Upwork, put up a notice to explain more why you're doing this and what the benefit is.

I use the same e-mail for both which is essentially proof of a link, what more do you need?

Highlighted
26 of 327
The reply link is e.upwork.comis that a legit link.
I am not taking any action until I get confirmation.

Signing on to the upwork account I don’t see any notifications.

You can’t be to careful these days.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Valerie S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
27 of 327

Michelle C wrote:

I thought that was a funky email too. But I did see the banner on my payments page. I hope it was legit. But you're right, you need to be certain!

Highlighted
28 of 327
I see the banner now, don’t know if I missed it before or they just added it.

Anyway this is legit.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
29 of 327

Michelle C wrote:

Read URLs/email addresses right to left. If the word immediately to the left of .com accurately represents the URL of the company (which you can verify in a fresh tab), with no typos, any further-left addition to the URL is irrelevant to the legitimacy of the source. Security experts (which I am not) may come along with exceptions involving advanced spoofing, but that's the basic test.

Highlighted
Marites O Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
30 of 327

True. I also check their Official Upwork > Announcements but nothing about this Paypal thing!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS